“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shamraat - CLOSED

Shamraat
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Whilst the restaurant was busy, the service was excellent and the waiters were responsive and attentive. We were all very impressed with the variety in the menu and by the tasty food.King prawns was delicious and really well presented as we're all our main courses. We will definitely return in the near future, very impressed.

• Visited March 2014

Huddersfield
“A Culinary Delight But Lacks Charisma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I'm a Professional Chef by trade and my wife owns a catering business. It's not often I give top marks for food but this is a must try if you have never been. Fresh tasty food, prepared to a high standard and good portions too. Ok, not the cheapest in HD, but great value.

Negatives: On non-food related issues: Poor parking, horrid decor, cleaning cupboard door open, unsightly, draughty door and the Asian version of Ministry of Sound's "Bhangra Trance" seemed a little inappropriate for dining in my opinion.

Service: Such a shame when the food is out of this world, I think so was the charisma I'm afraid. 2 serving bots with little or no personality and a clear inability to smile.

If they could just tweak the service, I don't think I'd have noticed the other issues and I would be awarding 5 stars.

We will be back.

shuaibmusa, Owner at Shamraat, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
i would like to thank you for visiting our establishment.im glad you enjoyed your meal,as you can understand it was mothers day on sunday,i remember your table,upon greeting i offered your wife a cosy table in the far corner or if you would like to be seated straight away then we have a table free towards the door but not exactly near the door,unfortunately customers will be leaving and enetering so the door will have to open,thats why we offer different table before seating anyone on this table,about the parking issue as you can see we are on one of the busiest market street of huddersfield town.the LAUNDRY room was left open as a customer accidently thought it was a toilet door and left it open as the toilet is next to that door.you are the first since 23rd december who has complained about oue deco,within 3 miles radius all our customers have said we are the best looking,and most importantly the cleanest.i personally served your meal i was laughing and talking while serving your meal,so why you are complaing about the smile i dont know.

we hope to see you soon

Shuaib Ali

owner
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We regularly drive through Milnsbridge and when this place opened, my wife suggested giving it a try. To be honest, my expectations were not that high, probably based on the other establishments in Milnsbridge. But, I have to be perfectly honest that I was pleasantly surprised and my expectations were exceeded. The food was full of flavour and tasted very fresh. The staff were also welcoming and gave us just the right amount of attention. We enjoyed it so much that we have already been back twice!

• Visited January 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“An excellent local establishment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Being round the corner from this restaurant, we have great access to this wonderful restaurant. Staff are pleasant and welcoming. With it being a small restaurant, atmosphere can take time to build as we arrived early on a Friday night, but the quality of the food easily compensates! Definitely a must try even after being told they opened only recently!

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just gets better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Our 2nd visit here and now that the finishing touches have been completed it looks even better with additional ornaments.wonderful meal again and see you soon lads

1 Thank sher601