Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the North's leading holistic health and wellbeing spas, ALEXANDRA HOUSE is tucked away on the outskirts of Huddersfield. The spa is housed in a historic building that has been carefully restored and revived into a stunning wellness retreat. At this most peaceful of sanctuaries, friendly faces are assured, a warm greeting is guaranteed and kicking off your shoes is expected. ALEXANDRA HOUSE offers you an indulgent treatment menu guaranteed to unfurrow your brow and revive your spirits. A wide array of restorative therapies is delivered by an outstanding team of experienced professionals who are on hand to make sure you have the ultimate holistic spa experience. Whether you're looking to improve your inner peace, relieve anxiety and stress or simply need some time out for pure self-indulgence and relaxation, ALEXANDRA HOUSE is the perfect escape.
WestYorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bliss”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

What a wonderful setting to relax and get away from the stresses of everyday life! The staff make you feel very welcome and the at home. The treatments are first class. I will definitely be heading back soon.

1 Thank Yorkstraveller1
Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thanks for your review - it's great to hear that you enjoy your treatments here.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future

Maxine

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Serene”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have used the spa on and off for a year or so. I decided book a couples massage at the new premises.
We arrived on a rainy evening in January and Maxine (the owner) was there to meet us. We removed our shoes and got slippers to wear and then we were lead to the retail relaxation room and offered a drink. It was nice to look at the items for sale and to relax too.
The room for the massage was lovely, two beds set out side by side (think the beds are heated as it was lovely and warm). The staff were brilliant and listened to what we wanted from the massage (full body). A full hour of massage was wonderful and very relaxing. After we were left to get dressed and sat in the relaxation room again. I would love to try the relaxation room with the twinkling roof.
I wasn't sure after if I was relaxed or not but as I walked out of the door to leave I thought ooh I am so relaxed (it just took my brain ten minutes or so to compute this.
I have converted my husband and we are now going to go back once a month and try the different range of treatments... This month is the hot stone massage. Can't wait.
The new spa is big but cosy and well placed. Lovely.

1 Thank J B
We appreciate your detailed review of our new premises! Glad you that you enjoyed the heated beds and new relaxation areas. Yes, come and have a pamper package, then you can enjoy the relaxation room with the twinkly lights!

Glad your husband has realised the benefits of a massage too.

See you both again soon! Maxine
Leeds, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A fabulous oasis of calm in Huddersfield”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Having been a regular at the spa's previous premises I was keen to see the new spa. I must say I was not disappointed in fact very impressed. The new premises are fabulous. Same great staff, warm welcome and range of treatments but in a more impressive environment. Can't wait to return and see it all finished. Would definitely recommend.

1 Thank MackemHelen
Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thanks for your review - glad you are impressed with our new premises!

We're looking forward to some drier weather so that we can finish the lawns and landscaping too. Obviously it's all finished inside and we're hoping that people will enjoy the outside space as well as the inside.

See you again soon, Maxine
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fabulous oasis of calm in beautify setting!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Maxine and the team make you so welcome in this beautiful setting which is pure heaven and a perfect place to unwind and deal with everyday stress and chaos! Go- you won't regret it!

1 Thank Mark H