“Alexandra house”

Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the North's leading holistic health and wellbeing spas, ALEXANDRA HOUSE is tucked away on the outskirts of Huddersfield. The spa is housed in a historic building that has been carefully restored and revived into a stunning wellness retreat. At this most peaceful of sanctuaries, friendly faces are assured, a warm greeting is guaranteed and kicking off your shoes is expected. ALEXANDRA HOUSE offers you an indulgent treatment menu guaranteed to unfurrow your brow and revive your spirits. A wide array of restorative therapies is delivered by an outstanding team of experienced professionals who are on hand to make sure you have the ultimate holistic spa experience. Whether you're looking to improve your inner peace, relieve anxiety and stress or simply need some time out for pure self-indulgence and relaxation, ALEXANDRA HOUSE is the perfect escape.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was the most enjoyable day I have had in a long time. Three of us had the pamper day, £140
Very relaxing and the treatments were the best.
I would recommend a day here to everyone.
Lunch was sandwiches and one cake at £5 extra. It's a shame that this was not included in the price of the day. It just took the edge of the day.

Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review and your recommendation to others! It's great to hear that you all enjoyed your visit to the spa. We have tried to keep the cost of lunch to a minimum but will review your comments to make sure that we are offering the best value to everyone.

Look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Everything absolutely first class from start to finish. Spotlessly clean, tranquil and superbly quietly organised. The staff are excellent and a credit to the owner. Greeted by name at the door and that level of attention carried on for the whole day. Lovely heated treatment tables, warm rooms beautifully decorated for relaxation with first class furniture and fittings throughout, So very superior to the many 'spas' I've visited over the last 40 years and definitely the best facial I've ever had. The day package is very good value, with plenty of drinks, food and gorgeous robes included not forgetting the many wonderful treatments. Congratulations to all. Chadwick.

Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review. As the owner, it’s very flattering to read! We’re glad that you appreciated the little touches and the décor. And it’s great to hear that your facial was the best ever. The Eve Taylor aromatherapy products are really lovely and relaxing.

Your ranking of our spa after your other spa visits is very kind and much appreciated too, thank you.

We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Absolutely excellent experience from start to finish. My daughter and I were personally greeted, by name, at the door and taken to the first of many beautifully tranquil and relaxing rooms. All the rooms are beautifully decorated, clean and relaxing. The staff are helpful and approachable and the treatments were wonderful. Our experience was excellent value for money and I will most definitely be recommending the spa to family and friends. We are already planning our next visit :-)

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your day of relaxation in our new premises. We work hard to care for people as individuals so it’s good to hear that you experienced this.

Thanks for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I went with my daughter for my first session of Reiki, all I can say I am a mother of four and id thought I had forgotten how to relax, but having this treatment im shocked on how much it made me feel relaxed amazing. Definitely going back. And also I have been on painkillers on and off for shoulder neck pain, I haven't had any since I had the treatment.

2  Thank halfpint123
Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

How great to hear that you enjoyed your reiki so much - we've had lots of comments recently about the pain relief benefits of reiki - I'm a great fan of it! Glad that you managed to relax and forget your busy life for a couple of hours too.

See you next time, Maxine

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I cannot fault this place at all, first impressions were lovely, it was beautifully decorated, relaxing atmosphere, staff were lovely, they went out of their way, nothing was too much trouble, the treatment were just incredible, they asked if you had any health problems before the treatment started, making sure they were aware of anything, the hot stone massage and Indian head massage were so relaxing, I was spoilt rotten, the best day for a mother and daughter day, or any other day. I would recommend anyone to go, you forget the outside whilst you are there, that's just how it should be.
Thank you to all the staff.

2  Thank Lorri W

Hi, thanks for your review - it's really good to hear that you enjoyed everything about your spa day. I'm pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed some time together and that you forgot the outside world for a few hours.

Look forward to seeing you again soon, Maxine