Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the North's leading holistic health and wellbeing spas, ALEXANDRA HOUSE is tucked away on the outskirts of Huddersfield. The spa is housed in a historic building that has been carefully restored and revived into a stunning wellness retreat. At this most peaceful of sanctuaries, friendly faces are assured, a warm greeting is guaranteed and kicking off your shoes is expected. ALEXANDRA HOUSE offers you an indulgent treatment menu guaranteed to unfurrow your brow and revive your spirits. A wide array of restorative therapies is delivered by an outstanding team of experienced professionals who are on hand to make sure you have the ultimate holistic spa experience. Whether you're looking to improve your inner peace, relieve anxiety and stress or simply need some time out for pure self-indulgence and relaxation, ALEXANDRA HOUSE is the perfect escape.
halifax
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Relaxation ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Went for my mums 70 th birthday and we loved it. The place is decorated very nicely in subdued colours and quite zen like with the candles ornaments etc. The spa treatments were lovely and very professional I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and we will be back The cake and coffe at the end was nice too. The staff are lovely and not stuck up like in some of the establishments. Very personable. If there could be any improvement it would be the addition of a small dining area to have lunch between treatments. But can't fault really. Thanks again

1 Thank sharpsters
Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi, thanks for posting a review of the spa. Glad that you and your Mum enjoyed your treatments and that you both felt relaxed being here.

We currently don't have a dining area but we do serve lunch in the relaxation rooms if you fancy lunch another time.

Hope your Mum enjoyed the rest of her birthday.

See you again soon, Maxine

“Will visit again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to Alexandra House to treat the other half as he'd been really busy, stress and his back was aching. Booked for the mini slice of heaven which I thought was a bargain for £29! Felt so relaxed after the foot soak and back massage. Smoothies were really nice to! Everything was great except being able to hear the traffic and traffic light signals during the massage. But we will be back again.

Visited June 2014
Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi, thanks for posting a review here. Glad your back massage helped ease your aches! Sorry about any traffic noise - we are going to be installing secondary glazing soon that you can't hear people who pap their horns for no reason!

Look forward to seeing you again, Maxine
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Relaxing for Charity!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I visited the spa on the 22nd May 2014 for the Macmillan Charity event. I have been a number of times in the past and always forget how perfect the experience is. The new premises are beautiful, so many unique features, Maxine and her staff can't do enough for you and then there's the treatments - I go in with the weight of the world on my shoulders and come out feeling a new woman! Would highly recommend whether it be you time, couple time or a relaxing girly day - can't wait to book again.

Visited May 2014
Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thanks for your review! It's great to hear that you love our new premises. We try hard to make your day here as relaxing and pampering as possible. It's lovely to hear that you feel like a new woman after your treatments!

Thanks too for joining our charity massage day for Macmillan - we raised an amazing £1055 so thank you for your support!

See you again very soon, Maxine
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lovely surroundings, lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went along to Alexandra house on Thursday 22nd May to support Macmillan cancer support. I have a lovely and relaxing back massage.

The reason I went was that I had bought gift vouchers for my daughter, her friend and her friends mother for a hand and foot treatment at Christmas. We all ended up attending together and were most impressed with the new premises, and the treatments we received. My teenage daughter and her friend loved every minute as they had never been to such a place before.

My sister had also bought some gift vouchers which we allowed my daughter and her friend to use and go alone this time. They had such a fabulous time I will be buying more vouchers for them and me and my friends!

It is a beautiful place full of friendly staff and I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

I hae a feeling I will be going there again soon!

Visited May 2014
Hello, thanks for your review. Glad you all enjoyed your spa day with us and that your daughter and her friend felt comfortable enough to come back on their own.

Thanks for supporting the Macmillan cancer charity day too - we raised £1055 which is brilliant, thanks to everyone's kind donations.

Hope that we'll see you again soon too, Maxine
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Just what Huddersfield Needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I cannot recommend Alexandra House, Maxine and her team of qualified, friendly therapists enough. I have been visiting once every 6 weeks for reiki because a torn rotator cuff injury coupled with calcification in my shoulder meant constant and debilitating pain, however, Maxine suggested trying reiki and reflexology and the very first session made the difference between my needing constant anti inflammatorys, pain killers and steroid injections to being pain free! It is now around 4 months since I have needed any form of pain relief and I am astonished and delighted that a natural, homeopathic remedy has made such a profound difference to my life. Today I have luxuriated in a back and shoulder massage - unthinkable that anyone would even touch my shoulder pre-reiki days! Go on, TREAT YOURSELF!!

Visited May 2014
Thanks for your review - the feedback about your reiki/reflexology treatment is fantastic! These holistic treatments are really effective and it's great to hear that they are helping with your shoulder pain and problems.

Glad you felt able to enjoy a massage too.

See you soon, Maxine