“A Touch of Class”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
yorkshire
“A Touch of Class”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

As a frequent visitor to this establishment I can highly recommend it, and frequently do so. The coffee and food is excellent and nothing is too much trouble for the staff, It's bright, clean and comfortable with extremely friendly staff. I just love the place.

1 Thank mlynne

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great place for a relaxing coffee”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Really good coffee, excellent tea, and good cakes. The café is a labour off love for its owner and it shows. The staff are friendly and welcoming. We keep going back. Keep up the good work.

1 Thank Joma912
“Wonderful cafe”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been to this cafe since it opened , the staff (including the owner) are all very efficient and so welcoming , unfailing kind and polite , nothing is too much trouble for their customers . Everything is of the very best quality --including the Expresso (I will not be visiting the cafe mentioned in the only harsh review) This cafe is one of the best in Yorkshire and a great asset to Huddersfield .My friends and I visit at least twice a week --in fact whenever we are in the town.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Best espresso this side of Hudd!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We only noticed the caffe a week ago, with the arrival it seemed of outside furniture, but with the sun coming down on the initial day across our faces and over our drinks, it's become a bit of a daily ritual already.

Freshly made food crafted in front of you. Coffee that tastes smoothly, floral, light and ends with mellow notes, it's arguably the best espresso this side of Huddersfield. I'm not a drinker of tea personally but some of my partners have found the wooden block, iron pot, tea timer set up of the loose leaf a real celebration of their drinks.

I don't quite understand the comment concerning the espresso from another reviewer, because the staff actually took great care in explaining to me what they valued in the taste and appearance, something I can't remember experiencing from any other coffee house!

Consider me very much in the positive though for thinking this provides some of the best coffee in this Yorkshire town.

“Bad coffee day”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The café has all the sparkle of new venture and the tea is served with a timer to ensure that it is brewed. perfectly. The espresso, however, is disastrous; bitter, thin and no crema. The lovely staff and delicious-looking cakes don't make up for a bad coffee day. I don't give places a second chance so if you want great coffee in Huddersfield and don't want a chain, please, please go to Coffee Evolution which serves excellent espressos.

2 Thank mary s
6Tony, Owner at Caffe Venecia Ltd, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for the review ( Bad coffee day ) the first and only review you have made slating Caffe Venecia and plugging Coffee Evolution. Our espresso sales have gone through the roof..

Last week one of our customers was an Italian priest, whom told us that the espresso we served him was the best he had enjoyed outside Italy, it was a hot espresso accompanied with a tiny spoon to dissipate less heat from the espresso the crema was excellent, the fruity undertones of the artisan coffee we use were a pleasant surprise but nice and the finishing touch of the filtered water in the shot glass reminded him of home. He departed leaving a generous tip for the staff Venice trip.

We have had fantastic positive feedback on our espresso's since the review you made, every one wants to try our espresso.

I suggest if you are making the first and only one comment / review you use it wisely and plug Coffee Evolution positively rather than try to discredit Caffe Venecia an independent coffee house which has only been trading six months.

Well done for the negative review which has increased our sales.