“Just Perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect!”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed at the lodge with my husband and two samll children (5yrs & 1yr) in April 2011. We accompanied my husband whilst he had to attend Huddersfield Uni for a 2 day conference. The location with regards to the Uni is perfect - you could only get better by pitching a tent on the lawn in front of the Uni entrance, but I'm sure someone would complain.... Breakfast was fabulous both for us and the kids. The hotel is spotless. The staff were so, so helpful - even told me which way to go for a play park with the kids whilst husband was at Uni - albeit we had superb weather so this helped. Our room had a kitchenette was invaluable with the kids (spaghetti hoops for tea!) The bathroom was spotless with loads of toiletries. There was lots of tea, coffee, decaf, hot choc and biscuits with a full size kettle in the room - plus proper sized mugs. The tv was big, beds comfy - I can't find fault - and wouldn't want too! There's no evening meals here, but it really isn't an issue, there's lots of take away menus in the lobby, the guy on the bar even ordered ours for us and paid for it out of the till and simply added it to our bill. On the day we checked out we were even able to leave our car in the secure car park until after 5pm due my husbands late finish! We will always stay here when we visit Huddersfield.

Room Tip: The showers are fab, like having a massage!
1 Thank Lewis-Hurst_family
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
What a lovely review! I love the idea of spaghetti hoops for tea and will try some myself this week. I think you mentioned when you were here about about childrens highchairs we have now bought two hotel standard highchairs for our younger visitors.

Many thanks once again for your very kind words.

Joe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We have used the Lodge as our overnight accommodation for a number of years on these visits and have always had a very clean well-equipped and comfortable room for a very reasonable cost. The staff are friendly and very helpful and we enjoy a well prepared breakfast. The car park is exceptionally secure.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you want. They will help.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fred_miles
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor its good to hear from our regular guests as well as new ones and nice to know that we are still keeping the standards you expect.

Hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2011

This is for anyone who is considering staying at the Huddersfield Central Lodge.

It is well wroth it because the hospitality is second to none. I stayed there for one night due to a very short trip in Yorkshire and I will honestly say that the treatment was first class. From the moment I arrived for check in to the time I left the following day. Even though I paid for one night with a complementary bed and breakfast they (The owners of the establishment) give me breakfast that morning whist my room was being prepared. Check in is normally in the afternoon but having arrived at 10am they still fed me with a full English breakfast, carried my bags to the room and called me about five minutes later to see if everything was okay. In addition to that they even helped me get to where I was going by finding out the bus route and stop I need to reach my destination.

I would strongly recommend this lovely, warm, friendly and very professional lodge to anyone who is staying in Huddersfield.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Wow! What can I say?

Thank you for the terrific review.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Although sign-posted, we missed the turning. Staff stayed on the line to give clear directions round the ring road. On arrival, our bags were lifted from the car and taken to our rooms. The staff work long days, yet are ever-friendly (especially Mark). The rooms are very comfortable, parking is secure, the food tastes fresh, the choice is flexible, the waiting time for breakfast is short and evening coffee is free. This is the best hotel that I have stayed in and my colleagues agree.

Room Tip: Book early; evidently this is a popular choice.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Thank you! I have passed on your kind comments to Mark and the team. If you visit again, you should know the route. If not, ring me and I'll guide you in!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Spent 3 weeks on a business trip in Huddersfield.......... this is a wonderfull B&B style local family owned lodging..... run by wonderful folks ... who make u feel at home....
rooms are neat wth great character, (both of which I stayed in had a little kitchenette which was very handy, with a min refrigerator, stove top, microwave...)
nice little bar as well with good company always at hand...
unique service feature is one which the lodge will order for you from the neighbourhood restaurants... even arrange for pick up if needed... and then will provide you with all the cutlery/ plates ...so on..... to dine in the lounge area!
great breakfast options for either dining in... or ..cereal bars/ baked goodies/ fruits available for grab n go...
all in all great experience

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Hi Abhi!

Thanks for the review.

Still busy with the C.T.T guys.

I hope you are coming over again for a few more beers and good conversation.

All the best,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I had a lovely stay at Central Lodge when I came on university business. The staff were extraordinarily helpful--including fetching a gorgeous Thai takeaway for me and setting me a place in the bar/dining room to eat it with a complimentary beer! The bed was very comfortable and there were nice touches, like a note mentioning the black-out shades (a very apt reminder, as otherwise I'd have been woken very early in my east-facing(?--well, very bright at least) room. Comfy, comfy bed.
Though I didn't pay the bill myself, I just checked the room tariffs, and I would say that this is excellent value. And very well-placed for university visits.

Room Tip: Thai Sakon takeaway is excellent.
Hello and Thank you!

You are quite right about the Thai Sakon, they do serve wonderfull food.

I hope your stay with us helped make your visit to the University go well, and hope you visit us again.

wales
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Nothing too much trouble for staff, great breakfast - plenty of choice.
comfy beds, spotless room/bathroom, nice selection of toiletries. Working iron - always a plus
The central Lodge and the Marsden family never let us down.

Room Tip: Don't confuse it with the Huddersfield Hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank healthy1Wales
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and for the kind comments regarding my family. I should add that all our small team here at the Central Lodge contribute to the high standards we try and acheive and it's always a pleasure when guests appreciate the efforts we put in.

Hope to see you soon.