“awesome,great,fantastic.will be back”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 11 July 2011

my wife and i stayed at the huddersfield central lodge end of june into early july.we arrived from the usa and was greeted extremley well.i have been before on one of my visits,so i no the hospitality i was going to recieve.i travel alot and stay in many hotels,but the central lodge has one thing in there favour,many hotels dont,and thats the warm friendly staff,who will bend over backwards for your visit to be perfect. from the owners to the cleaning lady,i can only give them 110% satisfaction comments. wonderfull experience we got. and we wont stay anywhere else,the next time we come to england. thank you so much for your outstanding hospitality.

Room Tip: just turn up, they will give you the best room available, i like to stay in a room in the main build...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank markholden65
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

The good news...a great review, thank you!
My problem is how to respond to your kind words and compliments.
I think the best response is a BIG thank you, and if you visit again, the first round is on me!
(and the second!)

Have a great summer,

Reviewed 4 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Central Lodge in early July. The family team running the Central Lodge are without exception, excellent hosts. Nothing is too much trouble, from your eggs in the morning to local directions, everything is done with a smile. The rooms have everything you could need, the beds are comfortable and the tea and coffee making facilities are an added bonus after trekking round the shops or dales! I am in total agreement with all the other favourable reviews of the Central Lodge.
For a central hotel, you must try the Central Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Squarehead01
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Hello and thank you for the review.
I am happy that you enjoyed your your visit and focus on our guests is always number one on our list.
Hope to see you again.

Kind rgards

Reviewed 30 June 2011

The central location is most convenient, the ambience is friendly and the staff were warm, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The two rooms we occupied were spacious and kept in immaculate condition: the beds were very comfortable. and there was adequate drawer and hanging space. There were many nice touches in the rooms including a choice of caff and decaff tea and coffee. . The choicies of juices, yoghurts, cereals, fruit and preserves for breakfast match or better the selection in any hotel I have used in this country and abroad. The filling Yorkshire breakfast was also comprehensive and cooked to perfection. All in all, \the Central Lodge is an excellent family- run hotel with welcoming staff and very reasonable and compettive charges.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Brassband_11

Well, al I can say is a big "Cheers" for such a great review!
Our breakfast is popular and we hope all our guests find this a good end to a good visit.
I hope we see you and your family again.
All the best to you all.
Joe.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

The staff is nice, rooms big and clean. Very nice breakfast included the English breakfast. Hotel located in center of Huddersfield, everywhere in walk distance. I was the most amazing by the frank staff. I spend there two nice days feeling like at home.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AggyM

Dzhehn Dobri (Hello)

I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit to the U.K. and our hotel.
We are always delighted to here from overseas visitors.
It was kind of you to take the time to write a review and good wishes to you for the future.

Dzieku Ja (Thank you)

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Stayed here while working locally.
Friendly and helpful staff. Free secure on site parking.
Excellent breakfast and food.
Nice ambient restaurant/break out space in/around reception.
Good family run feel and definitely would stay again and reccomend to a friend.
Very quiet secluded feel for an urban centrally located hotel.
You will definitely not regret staying here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HertsJim

I think you have covered the main points about the Central Lodge, and all comments are good.
Thank you!
Nice photo too!
Hope we can be of service to you again.
best wishes,

Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed in this hotel recently, although I was travelling for work I did have my family with me including our two young children.

The hotel quite simply has the best, most attentive service I've encountered for the price range / standard of hotel. The reception staff, breakfast staff and night porter all went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and attended to.

Other services worth mentioning include the kitchenette in the room we stayed it, travelling with two young children access to facilities such as a microwave and fridge were a bonus. The onsite parking is free and in a well secured area (access via gate controlled by hotel reception). Also, while the hotel doesn't have a restaurant for evening meals it has established a good system tying in to the local restaurants. The hotel staff can order the food for you to be delivered and provide crockery, the meal can also be added to your bill. Otherwise the hotel is within short walking distance of several restaurant / cafe options.

All in all, a surprising find, extremely glad we stayed there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a kitchenette
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Elferalo

I reply to all reviews on my famiy`s behalf, but I had to think hard to reply to yours.
Your words were so kind that all I can say is a big Thanks!
We know that people staying away from home with children, especialy when working, can be stressful. I hope that our facilities helped your visit go smoothly and it is good to know that we can be of service to all our visitors.
Once again thank you and baest wishes.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Had a great overnight stay at this hotel. Very central location and secure parking was useful.Staff very amenable and helpful.You really get a sense that this is a family run business.Room was clean and well appointed .Would definitely stay there again if in Huddersfield.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sniffer80
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Many thanks for your kind review we have now had quite a few who have mentioned the family and personal service. I think I'm repeating myself here but it is good to know we can compete with the national chains.

Thank you once again, your timewas appreciated.

Kind regards,