“Just the most friendly and warm hotel”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I can strongly recommend the Central Lodge hotel in Huddersfield. The staff are just so very kind and service minded, and makes you feel like a special guest. They are constantly doing their outmost in every way to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. Its a family owned hotel and everybody was participating in making my stay very special. I got a warm welcome from the minute I entered the hotel and until my very early morning departure. Breakfast is not just a buffet but served to each individual guest and there are a good selection of food to order, and some even locally sourced and home-made. The bed was comfortable and the room had excellent in-suite facilities. The hotel is located in the heart of Huddersfield and within an 8-minute walking distance to both the University of Huddersfield and the train station. Please do go and visit this special family owned hotel - even if its just to try out their awardwinning breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank B_Nielsen2011
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Hello and thankyou for your lovely review!

It would seem by your comments that we are keeping our standards high and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Many thanks once again, and I do hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

This is a family run business - all members and their employee's are extremely friendly and courteous. My late wife's family originates from Huddersfield and our youngest son has completed a degree course at Huddersfield University - now returning to complete his Masters degree. Hotel has excellent facilities, comfortable beds, on-suite facilities, excellent food. Very close to centre of town which has museums, library, theatre, restored Victorian Park, the Jubilee Tower at Almondbury.
I have stayed here over the past three years and would throughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Talk to the receptionist if you need a quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank John A
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you for your review from sunny Lowestoft!
I seem to remember that you enjoy our choice of ales, if you return again i'll buy the first one. I would also like to thank you for mentioning some of the places of interest in our town. Good luck to your son on his Masters course.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Visited Huddersfield as my great grandmother born there. My grandmother born in Mold Green. They directed me to the Mold Green Museum about a mile away. Room just fine and food delicious.
Homemade jams. They recommend restaurants. we tried Portuguese. People couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sylvia17859

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review.
My brother Johnny and I remember talking to you regarding the old textile mills and other information in Huddersfield history. We both hope that your visit was fruitful and you found some interesting history regarding your past relatives.

Many thanks once again,
Kind regards

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Great location, but miserable room, too hot with bad linen and lot of noise from the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Ethrop
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Oh dear, you were plainly not too happy with your visit.
I would be more than happy to talk to you regarding comments, but first let me respond to your review.
"misrerable room".......What does this mean?
"too hot"........It was July! We have desk fans for those that mention the heat.
"bad linen".....Sorry but I do not agree, unless you can give me more details.
"great location".... Yes, we are in the centre of town.
"street noise".......See above
Five out of five for service.............Thank you!

Hoping to hearw from you soon.

Regards

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I went on a business trip that had a computer music conference at the University of Huddersfield and I stayed at this quaint hotel. It had the best service and the most polite and courteous people ever. The rooms were very well maintained and I was shocked to have a 42inch Flat Panel in my room. The bathroom was huge in comparison to others especially in other countries and I have been to more than a few. Breakfast that was included was more than I could ask for with at least 10 homemade jams and jellies every morning was a new experience. I sprained my ankle while there and they did everything except carry me to my room to assist with my injury. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandra N

Hey! I rember you and your friend. Lovely guests and good company.
Did I get my old walking stick back!?
Glad you had a happy visit to the Central Lodge.
Thank you for a FAB review, there are really important to us.
P.S.
My thoughts will be with you and your Nation on September 11th.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed overnight at this hotel on the 5/08/11 as we were going to our friend's golden wedding anniversary party. This hotel is excellent value. The room had a huge very comfortable king sized bed, a trouser press, ironing board, iron, tea and coffee making facilities, telephone and television. It was very clean with white fluffy towels in the bathroom. The breakfast the following morning was delicious with plenty of choice for even the fussiest person. It has a bar and a conservatory.The owners and staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you. There is secure parking and the hotel is in the city centre so it is perfect for shopping,restaurants and theatre. I am sorry we could not stay longer. Peter &Freda Delve

Room Tip: Room 31 where we stayed had all the facilites anyone requires
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank FredaD18
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Hello!
Thank you for posting a review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the anniversary party. I have printed a copy of your review to show Peter and Pam on my next visit to the club. Next tme you're in Huddersfield park up with us and pop in for a coffee or a drink. Lovely to meet you both.
Best wishes

Reviewed 11 August 2011

The Huddersfield Central Lodge was an effective antidote to jet lag and a busy conference. The hotel was one of the recommendations from the conference organizers (at the university) and it was easy to see why: close to just about everything (I was able to walk from the train station even with my baggage), clean, and comfortable without sacrificing local character. Every morning I enjoyed a huge Yorkshire breakfast & newspaper while being pampered by the warm staff, who were helpful with a sincere friendliness throughout the entire visit. My room was quaint but with plenty of space to stretch out. The sink's hot water was a bit tricky to negotiate (as it was in some other places about town) but there were printed signs about this and for spots for one to mind his/her head in certain corners. Overall it was delightful stay that made my trip easier and I would be happy to return again with my family.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Bruce H
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Many thanks for your review and I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our Yorkshire breakfast. Many of our guests leave good comments about this. Sorry about the hot water. But at least we have plenty, unlike some other hotels! We also would be happy to see you again in the future.

Kind regards,