“Another good stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Another good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Yet another excellent stay at the Central Lodge. Long serving staff always give that extra personal touch, they seem to know the genuine attributes.
Many thanks once again.
Wear the tie with pride!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank hotfeat44
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Thank you for your review and of course the tie! I shall wear it with pride but not in Yorkshire!

See you on the next visit.

Thanks again
Joe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

The lodge is in a great location, close to the town centre and restaurants, but the best thing of all was the friendly staff, who made me feel most welcome. I have stayed in 5 star hotels across the globe and none have come close to the level service from the the staff at this hotel. Bed was very comfortable and rooms are basic but very clean.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank docadviser
Dia Duht (Hello!)

What can I say but thank you for the review and comparing us with the many other hotels you have visited!

I remember the night at the bar with yourself and the American guests, and we had a good craic!

Hope to see you again when you are next in our area.

Slainte (thanks!)
Oldham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Stayed for one night because we were going to be visiting Discovery Bay Restaurant and it was a bit too far for us to get a taxi back. It was fine for our purposes it was near to the restaurant and had secure parking, however the bedding which was white had some marks on it and when I looked in the teapot it still had the previous occupants teabags and water in it. We had a full breakfast in the morning and that was very nice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NZKRONKY
Hello and thank you for the review!

I hope you enjoyed your meal at Discovery Bay.

With regards to your comments about bedding and the teapot, its seems that we had a lapse in our usual standards. Thankfully this does not often happen and please accept my apologies and I hope it didn't spoil your stay.

Many thanks
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here for the second time and can't think why I would stay anywhere else if I visited the area. The staff are lovely, the room very comfortable and the parking excellent. Everything was good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank akstandup
Excellent again, thank you again!

A short review but very positive and thank you for your kind words.

Hope to see you again in the future!

Kind Regards
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

The hotel is easy to access by car, even though in the central part of Huddersfield, and has good secure parking available. The rooms are well appointed and I was made to feel extremely welcome by all the staff. Throughout my stay all of staff were very helpful and made me feel that I was a special guest. I very much enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Christopher D
Hello!

Your kind comments regarding our team were very welcome, and I have passed on your comments to all who you came into contact with.

Courtesy and manners towards our guests is our number one priority and its good to hear that this is appreciated!

Many thanks once again and kind regards
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

We have stayed at this lodge three times whilst my Brother was at University here and then working. The location is excellent with free car parking so you can very easily walk into Town there are bars restaurants and takeaways nearby. The staff at the lodge were great friendly and helpful and always on hand if you needed anything. The breakfast was amazing with locally sourced products it was 10 out 10. I would highly recommend this lodge.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank EastYorkshireCouple
Many thanks for your review!

As you will see from my response to the review dated Nov 1st, we are always delighted to hear that our team are looking after our guests.

Regarding the breakfast, again thank you for your comments.

Many of our guests do say how much they enjoy the full Yorkshire! Please pass on my regards to your brother, and I hope all went well at the University.

Many thanks
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Huddersfied Central Lodge in Late August whilst I was on a business visit to the University of Huddersfield. I have travelled a fair amount and I can say that this hotel was one of the best as far as service was concerned. On checking in late at night, I asked the receptionist Mark whether they had lactose free milk. The following morning I was pleasantly surprised that he had sourced the milk solely for me. The breakfast was very nice and the breakfast chef Ernest made it a point to check that I was happy with the food. The receptionist made it a point to lend her umbrella to save me from the rain although I had checked out from the hotel. In summary I felt that the people were warm, friendly and service was their topmost priority. The room was clean, tidy, well furnished and very comfortable. The breakfast was perfect. I would strongly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for accommodation. All best wishes to the staff and may the hotel continue to be a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank R S
A difficult review to respond to!

All your comments regarding our team, breakfast and service were a delight to read.

I have given Mark and Ernest your best wishes and we all hope to see you again on your next visit to Huddersfield!

Kind Regards