“Friendly and helpful!”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Very friendly, warm and helpful staff made my stay at the Central Lodge a very pleasant and relaxing one. My room was spacious, light and airy, with a comfy bed and all the extras that you need - a good sized Telly, tea making stuff, free wifi, and hooray - a bath! The late bar was a very handy thing too. And to cap it all, they posted my shirt back to my home when I dopily left it behind.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank T0m_J440
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Hello and thank you for your review.
Glad you got your shirt back!
Also pleased that you enjoyed the bath.
All our rooms have bath and shower, so you will know where to stay next time!
Thanks again,

Kind Regards
Joe.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Returning again to this family run hotel I was absolutely delighted with the welcome I received from both Johnny and Joe Marsden and their staff. My room, this time, was one of the larger ones, very light and airy, facing the cobbled access road. Excellent furnishings, plenty of storage space, including a dining table where I could spread out my writing materials, and scribble to my hearts content. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The bath/shower room, as with the main room, were kept in pristine condition by the excellent housekeeping staff. The breakfast staff were always polite and catered for all your needs. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel has a very secure enclosed parking area and you can be assured that a high standard of security prevails. There are many take-away and eat in premises within easy walking distance of the hotel, as you are only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Apart from that you can order in and use the main dining room and bar area to eat your meal.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank John A
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Its you again!

Thank you for the lovely comments you made on our questionaire and for yet another review on TripAdvisor.

I dread to think what you may put if your next visit isnt as good as the last few times.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and the quality of the rooms, the service and the food has been consistently excellent. It is a pleasure to stay at a hotel with some local character unlike the ubiquitous travel lodge that dominate the short stay market. The staff are unfailingly welcoming and friendly, the breakfasts are very good, and the car park reassuringly safe. We have stayed in a number of the rooms and they are all of good quality and clean, There is a comfortable conservatory where we have sat with friends a number of times after a night out.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Martyn R
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Having read your review, I was really pleased to see that although this is your first review it is after you have stayed many times.

It is good for myself and the team to hear that everything is consistantly good for our repeat and regular guests.

Thank you for your kind words.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Finding the hotel was easy by car, a few yards off the ring road in Beast Market which is signed on the ring road.
We were greeted by Mr Marsden who directed us to the gated secure car park. Check in was easy and the room we were allocated to was 32. Before we could unload Mr Marsden then offered us a larger room (30) which we accepted. Both these room had ample drawers and hanging space with well stocked bathrooms. which were fitted with lovely floor to ceiling tiles.
A full English breakfast was served in the dining room which had all the other usual uncooked foods and drinks. Hot breakfast was very well cooked to order.
WiFi is offered free and in addition, for those without their own computer, online facilities are available, again free.
The hotel doesn't offer evening meals but various options are available for eating in-house and there are many local restaurants nearby,
The Marsden family who own the hotel are very friendly and will happily help you find your way around Huddersfield and the surrounding area, including helping with 'what's on' in an evening.
The whole hotel was nicely decorated with no visible signs of wear and tear.
We will certainly use this hotel again when we next visit Huddersfield.
Thanks to the Marsdens for making this a very happy visit.

Room Tip: Rooms 32 is on the West side on the first floor so has the sun in the evening. This was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TonyK2012

I think you have said everything with your comprehensive review.

I would like to thank you for mentioning my brother John. We pride ourselves on being a family run business with a small team of great people behind us.

Many thanks.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My father and I stayed at the central lodge for a weekend trip to Huddersfield and we could not be happier with the accommodations. When we arrived, the staff personally showed us to our room to make sure that it was to our liking. Throughout our trip, the staff continued to be very warm and helpful.

The lodge itself is very central (only a short 5 minute walk from the train station and the football stadium) and clean. Additionally, each night stay comes with a nicely cooked breakfast.

We highly recommend the hotel. It met all of our expectations.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Scottyaellis

I can only thank you for your excellent review and hope that the result at the football stadium was what you wished for.

Many thanks to both of you.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

As soon as you walk in you are greeted and made feel welcome. You feel looked after from start to finish, in a friendly, helpful manner.
The hotel is clean, well proportioned and well ran.
I don't think there is anything that they wouldn't do to assist you in your stay.

They don't do evening meals, but they don't need to there is a wealth of eateries right on the doorstep that they will recommend for you.

I'm back in Huddersfield in a few weeks, so I'll be returning here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank kevin s

Many thanks for your outstanding review!

I noticed you are back in few weeks. Please make yourself known to me so I can thank you in person.

Kind reagrds

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Difficult to know what to add to the other reviews really, this is an excellent place to stay (this was my second time). Amazingly quiet for such a central location, superb breakfast and universally friendly staff. Won't hesitate to stay here again if visiting the area.

Room Tip: Stayed in 35, which was silent and very comfortable - it doesn't adjoin any others. Colleague ha...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mwsmith20

Thank you so much for your review, as you said it is difficult to know what to add!