“we were a bit dissapointed after a lovlely break.”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 12 June 2012

after a very warm welcome,by the staff and local peaple, we were very dissapointed with the response of the duty manager, my daugher had an unfortuante accident with the tv, if there had been a sign on the very low ceiling it could have been avoide. in the morning when my daughter and son in law asked Angela about payment for the tv, we were made to feel very uncomfortutable when myself and my husband were asked to stay behind. we were made to feel we were second class customers,. which is a shame after the reception we had the day before. my i surgest that some management have a course in customer relations.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gill R
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Hello,

Firsty may I thank you for taking the time to complete our questionnaire and for the kind comments you wrote.

A few days ago, begore this review was posted I wrote to you to thank you for the questionnaire and I also mentioned in the letter the concerns brought up by your daughter. This letter may not have arrived yet however, there is nothing much I can add other than to ask you to read my response to your daughters review on the Trip Advisor website.

Finally, I am sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations but I do hope we can welcome you agin.

Kind Regards,
Joe Marsden.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

What a super hotel tucked away in a quiet corner of Huddersfield town centre - reasonable prices, friendly and helpful staff and a fantastic 'full Yorkshire breakfast'

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank dalker
JoeatCentrallodge, Manager at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Hello and thank you for your positive review.
Glad you enjoyed our full yorkshire breakfast, which is included in all of our room rates.

I hope we can welcome you again!

Kind regards!
Joe

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here after a night out in mid October. Room cost £70 on a Saturday night, quite expensive for a place that's a little dated.

Room was fine, tidy and clean but seem cluttered. Room would be much better if it was just plain & simple - no frills, then the price could be cheaper! I don't really like paying for things im not using!
I think breakfast was included in that price but we were up & out early so didn't stay & eat.

Sleep quality.. ok i suppose, but i think that was only down to us having a few drinks that evening. Anyone not under the influence would definitely be disturbed by the thumping music going on from the night clubs which don't close till about 4am!

This place is nice enough but i have stayed in better places in Huddersfield and surrounding areas, so would only stay again if the price was much cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel88x

Hello Rachel

Thank you for your review; I feel I must ask, why this review was posted on June 3rd 2012 when you actually stayed in October last year!

Having looked at your other reviews, i noticed two other reviews from yourself also dated June 3rd 2012. One was for a Premier Inn where you stayed in July 2011 and the other for The Fountain Inn where you stayed in April/May 2011.

I am not too disappointed with the review you left for our hotel but I would be delighted to know why you have decided to leave these reviews so long after your visits. I would be happy if you were to contact me for a chat.

All reviews we receive, good or not so good are a big help in maintaining and improving our standards but we do like to know of any problems sooner rather than later!

Joe.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Me and my husband along with my dad and his wife came to stay for one night to attend our friends birthday celebrations. We received a lovely greeting from mark who was very helpful and polite. We stayed in room 37 which is an attic room. The room was lovely and welcoming. Unfortunately, after the celebrations we returned to the room and i started packing away my things , my bag was next to the TV (which is in the corner on a bracket on the lowest part of the ceiling/roof, roughly a foot off the floor) and as i stood up i whacked my head on the roof (not for the first time either), fell into the TV and cracked it :( Devastated!! My husband reported it to the night porter straight away. When we were leaving i spoke to 'Angela' who was completely awful and rude to me. I think my 'Adidas jacket' made her think it was ok to look down her nose at me! After i apologised several times we were charged £80 towards a new TV. I hurt myself when i hit my head and fell, due to the TV being in a stupid place! Not once did she ask if i was ok! It was very nice that we only had to pay half but she ruined our stay.

Room Tip: Avoid 37! Leaves a nasty lump when you whack your head off the roof ;)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlene R
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Hello and thank you for posting a review. All comments, good or not so good are valuable to us.
I always post a response, but this time I had to talk to our team and have a think about how I should answer.
First of all thanks for the marks, all 5 out of 5 except value and service (both 4 out of 5)
This is a very good score, thanks!
You are correct that your husband came down and told Steve our night manager. Steve has said this was approx 3/3.30 am and he was asked if there would be a charge and said that it would be up to the family member who would be on duty at check out.
Angela spoke to her husband Johnny (our M.D.) who said the cost of a 30 inch plasma t.v., wall bracket and fitting was approx £200 and that a charge of £80 would not be unreasonable.
As I was not there at the time it would be wrong of me to contradict your comments regarding Angela.However I do think that she would have been more understanding and professional than perhaps you thought at the time.
On behalf of all my family, our team and myself I am truly sorry that this incident spoiled your stay.
We all hope that we can welcome you back in the future.Angela also asked if your parents enjoyed the copy of the Magna Carta she gave them.
Thank you once again for taking the time to post you review.
Kind regards to you all.
Joe Marsden
Director.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Joe and Johnny and all the staff look after you from the moment you arrive till the time of departure, l thin k it sums it up by saying arrive as a guest depart as a friend

Room Tip: Just leave it to them, you won't be dissapointed
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank TownCrier98
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

OhYeh! OhYeh!
Thank you for your lovely comments and the review, we look forward to seeing you again but unless on an official visit please leave the bell in the car park!
All the best
Joe

Reviewed 23 May 2012

This lodge is among the best hotels I stayed after traveling over 15 countries. It's small, though, clean and neat. The most impressive thing is the warmness from the family that makes me feel so comfortable. You must try its fantastic customized home-made breakfast. It's also an eco-hotel that takes advantage of solar cell and electricity-save bulbs not to mention the heating facility using the hot water at the room. I strongly recommend this

Room Tip: A nice greenhouse severs as the family room in the ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JC T

Dear Mr.Taichung,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our family run hotel.
It is always a pleasure to welcome visitors from other countries, especially when they are doing business with our local companies!
We hope to see you again we you can enjoy our award winning breakfast.
Best wishes,
Joe and family

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Very friendly, warm and helpful staff made my stay at the Central Lodge a very pleasant and relaxing one. My room was spacious, light and airy, with a comfy bed and all the extras that you need - a good sized Telly, tea making stuff, free wifi, and hooray - a bath! The late bar was a very handy thing too. And to cap it all, they posted my shirt back to my home when I dopily left it behind.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank T0m_J440
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Hello and thank you for your review.
Glad you got your shirt back!
Also pleased that you enjoyed the bath.
All our rooms have bath and shower, so you will know where to stay next time!
Thanks again,