Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Briar Court Hotel(Huddersfield)
Cambridge Hotel(Huddersfield)
US$82
US$80
Travelocity
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$60
The Olive Branch Inn(Marsden)(Great Value!)
US$122
Travelocity
Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$91
PremierInn.com
US$99
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Huddersfield(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelodge
All reviewssecure parkingfamily run hotelhomemade jamsblack out blindscentre of townplates and cutlerytake awaynight managerbreakfast was excellentexcellent hotelhome from homechain hotelsyorkshire breakfastring roadmain buildingroom was spaciousfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2008

I have been staying regular at the Huddersfield Central Lodge for almost 2 years now. For a small family run hotel the quality is first class from a warm welcome to the quality of the rooms which always result in a good nights sleep.
The Central Lodge is split into two areas, one being the main building and the Mews building which offers large rooms with catering facilities on request.
Having stayed in most of the hotels in Huddersfield town centre the ample secure free parking was the first selling point for my descision to try the lodge. Little did I know that I would become part of the fixtures and fittings.
The Marsden family have been successful hoteliers and business people in Huddersfield for many years and have certainly taken note of the finer details of service.
Friendly staff are always on hand to offer local knowledge or serve you a relaxing drink at the bar. Although the hotel does not have a restauraunt facility, a number of locally based take away options are available and the hotel will even place the order for you. The hotel does provide a quality breakfast menu from continental to the full english. Being situated in the centre of town a good choice of shopping and restauraunts are all within wallking distance.
I would certainly give this hotel my seal of approval and look forward to many more comfortable nights there.
If its good enough for the BBC to use, its good enough for me!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2007

I stayed one night on a business trip as it's the closest place to my destination.

Friendly staff and room was clean. They even offer to phone in a take away for you!

I was on second floor and only downside was it was very hot - but they did provide fans to keep you cool- although the windows didn't open.

Nice central location.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2007

I'm writing this review from a trip two years, ago, having recently stayed at another hotel in Huddersfield, and realising what a gem this hotel is. It's small but the rooms are a good size, have useful facilities in them with a nice deep bath and good tioletries. The staff are genuinely friendly, the lounge a cozy place to sit, and the breakfast has thoughtful touches and good choice.
The decor is not flash, or overly stylish, which doesn't matter because the welcome is warm. A relaxing place to be, and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2007

Stayed for one night only on a business trip, having read previous positive reviews about this hotel. I would endorse what has been said before - very friendly staff, above-average room and facilities including en-suite, and whilst only a b&b they will provide cutlery and plates should you wish to phone for a take-away. They permit this to be eaten in the dining-room area....or back in your room. An added bonus! The breakfast was of a good quality with everything you'd expect. The Lodge is indeed centrally placed and merely a few minutes walk from both rail station and shops. All in all, an enjoyable stay...and i would certainly return should I have occasion to do so.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Nigeljameson
Reviewed 15 November 2006

We stayed at The Huddersfield Central Lodge for just one night in November 2006 so that we could attend our son’s Graduation Day. After negotiating Huddersfield’s one-way system we found the hotel which is located right in the middle of the town..Check-in at reception was easy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our son stayed in room 34 in the main part of the hotel. I did not see his room but, even though we paid for a single room for him, his room apparently had three beds in it. My husband and I stayed in room 42 in The Mews. This room was very well equipped with all the usual: TV, hairdryer, coffee/tea making facilities but also included an iron and ironing board. Also, to my surprise, the room had a little kitchenette with microwave and hot plates. I think it even had a fridge. We also had our own private terrace with table and chairs and a patio gas heater. I think this room would make a great base for anyone holidaying in Yorkshire. It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. There was plenty on offer but not very excitingly laid out. My only gripe was that the curtains in our room were rather thin. Our room overlooked an inner courtyard and the secure car park all of which were very well lit right through the night. Because of the rather thin curtains, our room was very light and I spent half the night awake because the room was not dark enough. On top of this, I heard a distant church bell chime every quarter hour. Had the room been dark and I was able to sleep deeply, I think I would not have heard the church bells. The hotel had a very large and very secure car park with electronic gates. We were able to leave our car there (for a charge of £4 for the day) after we had checked out and they allowed us to use the reception toilet to change in to for the Graduation Ceremony.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple