“Excellent”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Central Lodge is my choice every time I am in Huddersfield. it is an Excellent place for short and long term vists. The staff and overall facilities make my stay quite pleasant every time I visit Huddersfield. Profesional yet homey and very friendly owners and staff. I can not think of any complaints!! The Central Lodge may not have the luxury of 5 stars hotels or rooms with scenic views but the way those people attend to every single detail, the warmth and friendliness make up for any missing luxury or views.
I highly recommend the central Lodge for the unique staff, spacious rooms and above all the security, safety and honesty.

Room Tip: The mews are Excellent for long term stay, and rooms in the main building are spacious enough for an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Ruba A
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Hello Ruba A!

I think you're the lady who visits the UK to work at the university.

Your review was lovely to read and I have passed on your kind comments to all our team. Hope to see you on your next trip to Huddersfield.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed here for a brief business trip last month. Despite endless rain (!), I had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend Huddersfield Central Lodge to anyone looking to stay in the region. Lovely, friendly staff who were extremely helpful - nothing was too much trouble and by the end of my trip I felt like I'd known them for years. Spacious, clean, and well furnished rooms, in a very central location. Lots of nice touches including the takeaway delivery service which was much appreciated in light of the weather!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Liz W
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Well, not much I can say regarding your review, except a big thank you!
Great comments and all much appreciated.
One last comment, as I am typing this sun is beating down on the Central Lodge!
Hope to see you again

Best Wishes

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here for three nights, visiting friends in Huddersfield. Very good location, good to have secure & plentiful parking. Perhaps the friendliest & helpful staff we have come across in any hotel! Room on third floor spacious & well equipped with everything you might need. Only small complaint might be that there was no shelf by the basin on which to put spectacles etc. Breakfast very good & always friendly,helpful service. No hesitation in recommending Central Lodge in Huddersfield.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Maureen46

Thank you for a lovely review!
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your kind comments of all those you came in to contact with.
My wife Janice and the maintenance man Gary have made a start checking all bathrooms to see where a shelf would benefit the guests’ experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is sometimes the case that we can only improve our facilities and service when a guest is kind enough to take the time pointing out any problems.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Excellent two night stay, brilliant staff so nice and helpful. Good breakfast with plenty of choice. We geordies would like to suggest a bedroom on ground level, a lift and a lot more selection of alcoholic drinks in the bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Joyce N

Hello from sunny Yorkshire. Thank you for the excellent review.
Thank you for any suggestions you made.
We do have a small ground floor bedroom which is used by the night managers to rest at quite periods. However we are so busy that this room is no longer required and before the end of the year we hope to extend and decorate the room with en-suite facilities and walk in shower, I'm sure this will be popular with guests and thank you for reminding us!
Sorry, no lift, listing building and not allowed! Help with luggage always available.
Regarding the bar since you checked out we have extended our range to include your favourites: Tia Maria, Baileys and Sambuca. So hopefully this will persuade you to visit us again.

Thanks once again.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed two nights in May 2012. The hotel is family owned and run and it shows in countless little details in the rooms, in the service, and in the amenities. The family cares about their hotel and their guests. The staff is EAGER to serve, and the hotel is small enough that one gets personal attention. The included breakfast was outstanding - cooked to order, and big enough to last all day! While they cook breakfast, they don't cook dinner, but have an extensive list of local restaurants, and take out places that will deliver, and the staff eagerly sets up dishes and cutlery for the brought-in food. No pool

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Grandpa1938
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Hello New York!

Thank you for your review and the lovely comments you left in our visitors book.

I have passed on your kind comments to all the staff you came into contact with and they all remember you.

Reviews such as yours are very important to us and it is good to have overseas visitors take the time to leave a review.

Hope to see you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at the Huddersfield Central Lodge a couple of weeks ago and can't fault the place. The location was ideal and the room had all of the amenities that you could want, including hairdryer, toiletries, tea tray, iron, Freeview television and bath as well as shower.The bed was comfortable and the room fairly spacious. The breakfast here is also lovely - very well-presented and not at all greasy. Overall I was extremely satisfied with my stay here. As I booked only a week or so before my stay, it was actually over £10 cheaper than the local Premier Inn late rate (and they don't include breakfast or the amenities that the Central Lodge has!). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Mews (room 44) which was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank sunshine_sea_15
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello and thank you for your excellent review.

Its always good to learn that we are providing the service and facilities which the modern visitor expects and that we can compete with the national chains.

Thank you once again, it was a pleasure to read.

kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2012

The Central Lodge has an excellent position a couple of streets off the main shopping area of Huddersfield and less than 10 minutes walk from the station. My room was of a very good standard with lots of nice touches which go beyond the average budget room, maybe not to everyone's taste but I found it quite quaint. The breakfast was good without being outstanding. Lots of choice and a spectacular selection of jams and marmalades. I think the price of the room, £59/night single, reflects that this place is trying to be more than a simple B&B but is not quite a fully fledged hotel. I would justify the price more on the location than the hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RacingAl
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Hello and thank you for the review.
We really do like to here feed back from our residents so that we can make any little `tweeks` to enhance the guest experiance.
As a family run venue, and not part of any chain we are popular with people wanting to be more than a `room number`
I was plesed to here you enjoyed the brekfast and your room.
Thank you again and I hope to see you on your next visit to our town
Joe Marsden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cambridge Hotel
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Briar Court Hotel
Briar Court Hotel
#10 of 14 in Huddersfield

Been to Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!