“Graduation stay”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Wow Wow Wow What a fantastic place to stay highly recommended .After trying to book this hotel 2 years ago finally we managed it and we were not dissapointed. It felt just like home, we were made so welcome , rooms were clean and very comfortable. We enjoyed the fact that we could have takeaway food and Mark ordered it for us all, and Steven set all the plates and cutelry and washed up !!!! The hotel is very central for town and all amenities with secure private parking. A BIG THANKS TO JOE for my wine and chocolate you made our stay that much more enjoyable, going the extra mile x Hope that we can stay again soon so Joe do not forget the extention on the ground floor room for disabled parents.

Room Tip: All rooms are as equally good as each other, will not tell you my favourite room as i will need it a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gary j
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Hi Gary J,
After I read your review, I was blushing because you mentioned me by name!
I'm really pleased that you and all your family enjoyed your visit and that I finally stocked the bar with your favourite wine. The chocolate was two for one offer at my local shop but I knew you wanted a Galaxy moment. Please pass on my best wishes for the future to the new graduate.

Joe.

There are newer reviews for Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Do you remember the old '60's American tv show 'The Andy Griffith Show'? You can relive that oldtime hospitality right here in Huddersfield, England! When I'm in Huddersfield, I never miss the chance to stay at the Central Lodge - the Marsden Family shows us where Mayberry got its embracing warmth from. It must've come from the West Yorkshires and the Marsdens are the embodiment of that hospitality.

Room Tip: I like the loft rooms because they remind me of an Ohio farmhouse, which I find comforting and relax...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bob W

Hello Bob W,
Such kind words for our family and very much appreciated. I should also add our team, who do a great job in keeping up our standard of hospitality. I much search the web and find a Ohio farmhouse to compare with the room you stayed in. You've definitely got me thinking!
Thank you very much for the review!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

this lodge/hotel cant do enough to please its guests and i would highly recomend it.
its close enough to walk everywhere durring the day but far enough away from the evening hussle and bustle of city night life

Room Tip: all rooms are good stopped here many times in several differant rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peter s
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Hello Peter S,
Many thanks for the kind comments in your review, it's good to know that people who have stopped many times in different rooms, find that everything is of a constant high standard.
Your comment regarding service to our guests is much appreciated and I hope we can find you a room you haven't stayed in, if you visit again!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

After a small hiccup with our booking, which was sorted out very quickly over a coffee. We had a wonderful stay in the Mews, lovely apartment, very spacious and a lovely kitchen. The staff are brilliant, especially the breakfast staff, very attentative to your every need. The breakfast buffet was fantastic.
This family run business is a brilliant place to stay, secure parking, central to all amenities.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LesleyB1953

Hi LesleyB1953,
Sorry about the hiccup on arrival but I'm pleased we sorted it quickly and that you enjoyed your stay. You have made some lovely comments and I have passed on your thanks to all our team.
I'm grateful for your lovely review.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Our Annual trip to Huddersfield for my husband's Army re-union weekend we have for the past three years stayed at this hotel. Being a family run business they all aim to please. With free Wi too. The staff, especially the breakfast staff are very attentative to all your requirements, a full good hearty breakfast to your specification. The attic bedroom we had this year was very quiet, clean and very spacious, coffee and tea in abundance. This hotel also provides a cctv locked carpark 24/7. Just contact the Marsden family for more information.

Room Tip: Ask for the attic room very quiet and always very clean No 37.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LueBush

Hi LueBush,
A great review from one of a great bunch of people!
Nothing much more I can add other than a huge thank you.
We have already had some of the reunion book for next November, so I have made a note in my diary for late October to make sure the bar is fully stocked!
Cheers

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Hotel is very central to Huddersfield.It is a family run Hotel. The staff are absolutely excellent and so pleasant all of the time, nothing is a problem to them. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast is 1st class. I have stayed here quiet a few times now and would recommend it. It also has a free secured car park. Ideal hotel for business or pleasure.Looking forward to when i can visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra A

Hi Sandra A,
Many thanks for your great review. We have had many reviews in the past which have mentioned our staff, breakfast and the on site secure parking. It's good to know that we are keeping up the standards and I too look forward to you visiting again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed here a while back, but still have pleasant memories :)

The most memorable part of the stay here was the staff and service - family run and extremely friendly staff who make sure you stay is really comfortable.

The full breakfast is amazing as well.. :) We were a group of 3 -4 and everyone enjoyed with breakfast here with the good spread..

Lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance, which made our life easier, since we were here on a long stay....

Excellent value for money... one of our colleagues had to stay in a "bigger" hotel closeby and Central Lodge was better by far!

Will definitely stay here if I need to go back to Huddersfield..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank P T

Hello Mr PT,
very kind of you to write such a lovely review. It is always good to have reviews from overseas visitors who sometimes find a UK hotel different to what they are use to. I was also very pleased that you and your group enjoyed our Yorkshire breakfast.
Thank you and we hope you choose us again.