“Everything we needed.”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Windermere, United Kingdom
“Everything we needed.”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable. A large family room in the mews annexe was perfect. Large double bed and two singles with ensuite and kitchen area.
The bar was comfortable and staff friendly - although they do need to keep to bar well stocked!
Breakfast offered a good selection with freshly made eggs of your choice.
A good find!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Swin1981
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Hi Your review was every thing we needed!
From the bed to breakfast, you have it covered all.
Thank you.
Joe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Four of us stayed here whilst attending a Model Show in Huddersfield. This was my first visit to this hotel, but the rest of the group had stayed there before and raved about it. But after the weekend I had to agree, everything, the staff, rooms, service, food were all excellent I could not fault anything. We are already planning to return next year and extend our stay

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank John T
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Hello John T,

Many thanks for your excellent review. If I'm right, you're the gentleman with the F-4, a pleasure to look at.
I would appreciate it if you were to e-mail me when you know the dates of the next show in Huddersfield, so that we can boook you in again before we fill.
If I have the wrong chap, sorry but thanks again for giving us top marks!

Rothbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I'm about to check out of the Central Lodge after my first stay. My office is in Huddersfield and I've tried quite a few of the local hotels. This is one I'd happily return to. in fact I've rebooked for next week. It's a family run business with first class service. They do fantastic breakfasts including homemade jams. And it's centrally located. It's value for money.

Tip: the curtains in the room are quite thin. I've got black out blinds at home so am used to complete darkness. If you are the same I'd suggest eye patches.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Andrew D
Hello Andrew D,

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased to see you're booking with us again.

The homemade jams are prepared by my sister-in-law Angela who grows the fruit at home.

We are currently installing back out blinds in all rooms. Nearly finished but sorry you got one without!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Whitley Bay, UK
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I had an excellent 3 night stay at the Central Lodge and have already recommended it to friends and colleagues, that's the highest praise I can give. I was really well looked after, right down to the offer of an umbrella every time I left the building to go out in the Huddersfield rain! - just one example of how much they think about their guests' comfort. It's hard to single out specific aspects as everything was so good but unexpected and particularly valuable for me were: the best wifi service I think I've ever had in a hotel (and it was free, no rip-off charges); a welcoming public/ bar area that I was happy to sit in by myself for a drink and/or the takeaway service; lovely breakfast cooked to order with lots of choice (although I need another visit as I didn't quite manage to work my way through the menu!). I could go on and on but find it hard to add much to what others have said. I won't even think about booking anywhere else for my next trip to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank amc431
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear AMC431,

Many, many thanks for your excellent review. I have passed on your kind coments to all the team you came into contact with. Your review covers so many aspects of your stay making it difficult for me to respond other than to thank you again and hope to see you on your next visit to Huddersfield.

Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed for one night on the 3rd of February, this is the fourth time we've stayed at this hotel, we have not been disapointed in the past and wernt on this occassion. The accomadation is of a very good standard for the price, the full english breakfast is excellent and staff cant do enough to help.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank AlanBurgessHill
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Hi and thank you for the review.

It's always pleasing to see that someone who has stayed with us several times before is still satisfied with our service and takes the time to leave a review.

Thanks again and hope to see you again!

wales
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

From our enquiry to checking out very friendly efficient service. A big thank you to Joe, Jonny, Angela and all of the team for looking after us. Comfortable rooms with everything we needed to make our stay a great success.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank healthy1Wales
Hi healthy1Wales,

A lovely review and rating for which I thank you.
An added bonus was having our names mentioned, I won't let it go to my head!

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

First time visitor, and definitely impressed. Read reviews on Tripadvisor,they are so right...
Excellent location, very central to centre. Secure car parking, did not use as travelled by train, Staff are so friendly and offer advise, or knowledge with a passion. My room was spacious with everything you need. Hair dryer, iron and iron board. excellent shower. free wifi ! A real home from home. Thre is a double conservatory which is warm and spacious also 2 large screen TVs. My room also had black out blinds if needed. The breakfast was probably the best i have had. I will be returning. Book and enjoy.

Room Tip: Excellent location, service and breakfast