“My stay in HUDDS with Central Lodge”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had a lovely time at the Central Lodge. The food was great and the people were so helpful and friendly. My room was very clean and comfortable. I had a view of the street from the Mews and as a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe. Joe, Janice and the crew are the greatest. It is a place I would recommend to anyone that has business or pleasure to do in Huddersfield, UK.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Mews that overlooks the street
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Donald402
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Hello Donald402,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and of course for the 5 out of 5!

We have a lot of ladies travelling alone on business and the family and team make that extra effort to ensure they feel comfortable and at home. It was kind of you to mention this aspect of your stay. I also like it when my name is mentioned!

Thanks once again

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed for a family get together and to watch town play Ipswich, we stayed at the George previously but as this has closed down decided to try central lodge. Our room was clean and comfortable and adequate. We all met in the bar before heading out for a meal, stock was very limited. Breakfast was ok, eggs were freshly prepared but some of the buffet items were rather cold. Overall a friendly convenient central hotel with a secure car park.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking car park so the night club does not disturb your sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pat J
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Hello Pat J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. All comments good or not so good help us maintain or improve our standards.
I was pleased to read that you found our team friendly and that the free on-site secure parking was of use to you.

With regards to the breakfast, we normally prepare breakfasr to order but due to the large numbers of guests who stayed to watch the Ipswich game, we put on a buffet style breakfast.
This does help when there are such large numbers but as you rightly mention, it is not always possible to keep all items hot without overcooking. I'm sorry that one of your last impressions of our hotel was not too good and please accept my apologies. I hope this didn't spoil your stay.

Thanks once again.
Best wishes

Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable. A large family room in the mews annexe was perfect. Large double bed and two singles with ensuite and kitchen area.
The bar was comfortable and staff friendly - although they do need to keep to bar well stocked!
Breakfast offered a good selection with freshly made eggs of your choice.
A good find!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Swin1981
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Hi Your review was every thing we needed!
From the bed to breakfast, you have it covered all.
Thank you.
Joe

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Four of us stayed here whilst attending a Model Show in Huddersfield. This was my first visit to this hotel, but the rest of the group had stayed there before and raved about it. But after the weekend I had to agree, everything, the staff, rooms, service, food were all excellent I could not fault anything. We are already planning to return next year and extend our stay

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank John T

Hello John T,

Many thanks for your excellent review. If I'm right, you're the gentleman with the F-4, a pleasure to look at.
I would appreciate it if you were to e-mail me when you know the dates of the next show in Huddersfield, so that we can boook you in again before we fill.
If I have the wrong chap, sorry but thanks again for giving us top marks!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I'm about to check out of the Central Lodge after my first stay. My office is in Huddersfield and I've tried quite a few of the local hotels. This is one I'd happily return to. in fact I've rebooked for next week. It's a family run business with first class service. They do fantastic breakfasts including homemade jams. And it's centrally located. It's value for money.

Tip: the curtains in the room are quite thin. I've got black out blinds at home so am used to complete darkness. If you are the same I'd suggest eye patches.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Andrew D

Hello Andrew D,

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased to see you're booking with us again.

The homemade jams are prepared by my sister-in-law Angela who grows the fruit at home.

We are currently installing back out blinds in all rooms. Nearly finished but sorry you got one without!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I had an excellent 3 night stay at the Central Lodge and have already recommended it to friends and colleagues, that's the highest praise I can give. I was really well looked after, right down to the offer of an umbrella every time I left the building to go out in the Huddersfield rain! - just one example of how much they think about their guests' comfort. It's hard to single out specific aspects as everything was so good but unexpected and particularly valuable for me were: the best wifi service I think I've ever had in a hotel (and it was free, no rip-off charges); a welcoming public/ bar area that I was happy to sit in by myself for a drink and/or the takeaway service; lovely breakfast cooked to order with lots of choice (although I need another visit as I didn't quite manage to work my way through the menu!). I could go on and on but find it hard to add much to what others have said. I won't even think about booking anywhere else for my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank amc431
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear AMC431,

Many, many thanks for your excellent review. I have passed on your kind coments to all the team you came into contact with. Your review covers so many aspects of your stay making it difficult for me to respond other than to thank you again and hope to see you on your next visit to Huddersfield.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed for one night on the 3rd of February, this is the fourth time we've stayed at this hotel, we have not been disapointed in the past and wernt on this occassion. The accomadation is of a very good standard for the price, the full english breakfast is excellent and staff cant do enough to help.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank AlanBurgessHill
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Hi and thank you for the review.

It's always pleasing to see that someone who has stayed with us several times before is still satisfied with our service and takes the time to leave a review.

Thanks again and hope to see you again!

Joe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cambridge Hotel
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Briar Court Hotel
Briar Court Hotel
#10 of 14 in Huddersfield

Been to Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!