“University Reunion Weekend”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 25 October 2013

20 years since I was a student in Huddersfield, and stopping at the Central Lodge for a reunion was great - bonus of veggie suasages at breakfast too! A very friendly hotel, clean rooms, great service and I would highly recommend stopping here to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stuart S
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hello Stuart S,

Thanks for the review and I hope you all had a great time back in Huddersfield. Can I make a suggestion? Why wait 20 years, why not have a reunion every 6 months and stay with us!

Cheers

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed in some well known hotels in my time but I have to say non as friendly or as clean as this one. They can't do enough for you. It's cheap in price but not in friendliness. Highly recommended and she be at least a five star. Walking distance to town centre, rail station and fabulous Indian restaurant Nawaabs who will deliver to hotel which is then brought to your room by staff. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maureen B

Hi Maureen B,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit. You're absolutely right about Nawaabs, one of my favourites too. Hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here for the weekend with my brother-in-law after coming up for a surprise 50th.. The location was fabulous at it was so central. This combined with the secure parking meant we could safely park the car on our arrival and not worry about it, or use it again until we left!! Our room situated on the top floor of the Mews building was great..extremely spacious, very clean and well equipped, with an good sized en-suite providing plenty of towels, toiletries and very hot water!! Breakfast was a feast available at a leisurely and realistic time for a weekend, (unlike many places..) There was an enjoyably wide range of options of both cooked and continental style food for breakfast, which could be eaten in the pleasant conservatory if desired. I particularly liked the fact that Janice had bought in a large bowl of fresh raspberries from her own garden for all the guests to enjoy! It was these little touches, combined with the friendly and helpful staff which made the Central Lodge so much more enjoyable than the sterile environment of the large mid-range chains.. Whenever I'm in Huddersfield again, this is unquestionably where I will stay.......A big thanks to all

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyHikerRedditch
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hi HappyHikerRedditch.

What a gem of a review!
You have mentioned a few points which many others have.
Yes we are in the centre of town and the on site secure car park plus our central location are important to the majority of our guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding our breakfast. My wife Janice and my brother`s wife Angela looks after all aspects of breakfast, from finding local suppliers to the finished product on the plate. I should say that Angela is the fruit grower, not Janice. Don`t worry, they haven't fallen out!
Angela also makes jams from fruit she grows at home and brings in eggs from the chickens she keeps.
Your final comment regarding the difference between ourselves and the large mid-range chains was particularly appreciated.
Thank you so much for a great review. Hope to see you again.

Joe and family.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here for work and normally I would go to a premier inn as a safe option, but this was cheaper and nearer so I went for it and I'm glad I did. I booked over the phone (I do prefer internet booking to be honest), Mark was friendly on the phone and then was again when I booked in. I was helped with my bags and I was given lots of info too.
The room was a really good size and had black out blinds, which I didn't use, but I know people who can't manage without, so it was a nice touch. I personally don't think there needed.
The room has free wifi (better than premier inn), which worked really well for work.
They don't do evening meals, but will get you a take away and have recommended restaurants with a map. I fancied the walk so popped out. Before I did the owner (Joe I think) checked I had my mobile and gave me their card and a taxi number in case I got lost and Mark and a lady whose name I didn't get, spent time with me highlighting a map and helping me out. It was like when I visit my mum and she checks I have my coat and know my way, a sort of home from home.
I slept really well and the bed was very comfy.
Breakfast was lovely, very attentive staff and nicely laid out. The rhubarb and ginger jam is fab, a must try.

All in all, a comfortable relaxed stay, it's great to have an independent hotel option, that I think are doing it better than a big chain.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank holidayshy
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hello holidayshy,

Thank you so much for a lovely review. Its always a pleasure to see that my family and our team can compete with the National budget chains. Mark says thank you for the mention and my sister in law Angela who makes the jam at home has suggested that if you stay again, she would be happy for you to take a jar home. It was me who spoke to you before going out for dinner and we do that little bit extra for ladies travelling alone. I'm sure other travellers will find your review most helpful when choosing where to stay in Huddersfield.
Many thanks once again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The homepage for The Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel displays a certificate of excellence for 2013 which is well-deserved. Our room was spacious, spotless,
comfortable, quiet, and featured many amenities such as an iron and ironing board.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the location central; it was just a short walk to the train station. The breakfasts were just wonderful; I particularly enjoyed Angela's rhubarb and ginger homemade jam. My husband and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie W
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hello Connie W,

Thank you so much for the top mark review, I shall be singing 'Back Home In Indiana' for the rest of the day!
All our team thank you for your lovely words and Angela is busy making more jam.
Have a lovely thanks giving next month and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel has the feel of an upmarket bed and breakfast but with the quality of a five star hotel. It is family run and you can tell; staff who listen, who make sure your needs are taken care of and who provide very good food in a very welcoming environment. Some members of staff are also multi-lingual, which will be of help to foreign visitors. I found the beds very comfortable, the temperature control in the rooms adjustable to suit most every taste and my particular favourite was the excellent English/Yorkshire breakfast. They also have a new self-catering option, which I did not avail of, which seems to provide facilities for disabled visitors. Whatever your needs I am sure the Marsden family, who run this hotel, will go out of their way to help you. These are very friendly people and made my stay very comfortable indeed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TouristVisitor01
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello TouristVisitor01,

There is not much I can say other than a big thank you for an excellent review. All your comments have been read by our team and family and all were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit.

Hope to see you again.

Cheers

Reviewed 30 September 2013

A very nice hotel, quiet, clean with very friendly staff.
Central location, near shopping and tourist area.
Hearty breakfast very tasty and varied.
Good public transportation, station next to the hotel
I'll come back with pleasure

Room Tip: Just get a room