“benidorm bill”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 10 April 2014

the best hotel we,ve stayed at in huddersfield !i was meeting my mate from benidorm and we were off to see status quo in manchester. the hotel was brill for getting to the station also great for location to the town ctr.The staff made us welcome from arriving till we departed the room was brill as it was a smoking room !!!! We are coming back in august to see my mate playing in the pubs in huddersfield "Woody the stringman" or A.K.A "The prospectors" in benidorm.If you,re planing a visit to huddersfield this is the hotel to stay !!!!!!!

Room Tip: if you need help to choose a room just e-mail them their advice is fantastic !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Billy L,

It sounds like you had a good time meeting up with old faces and going to the gigs. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and of course we will be happy to welcome you back on your next adventure.

Cheers

Reviewed 4 April 2014

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the proprietor and staff made us feel welcome and at home, nothing was too much bother! The room was just what we wanted for our short stay and more! This was not our first visit and will not be our last as we use it as a base when visiting our son who is studying at Huddersfield University being so close to the town centre and the University AND with excellent /secure parking.I can be quite critical when visiting hotels [service, cleanliness] but I could not find anything to criticise here! a ***** experience :) .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Hello JHarper,
Thank you for a 5 out of 5 review. Always good to know that we are keeping up our standards, especially to our guests who have visited before. We hope to welcome you again next time you visit your son.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Such a pleasure and delighted to be there. I had to cancel my visit in February because of the bad storms in Ireland and they had no problem with this. Very understanding. It is so convenient to restaurants, buses, trains. Rooms are nice and quiet and it just feels like you are in someone's home. Also on a previous occasion we brought our 2 dogs with us.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hello TagMoll,

Thank you so much for your kind words and I hope the journey back was smooth. It's so nice to have guests who leave a review after each visit. Looking forward to seeing you again and don't forget your dogs are still welcome.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I lived in Huddersfield for twenty years from 1947 to 1967, and have returned for various reasons since: family graves, old schools, friends retirements etc. This time I decided to try something different- there has been nothing wrong with the other (well known) places I have used- but I felt like a change. After an experience like this I shall keep on trying new things, but not other hotels in Huddersfield. The hotel is tucked away quietly in of all places, The Beastmarket, an area I was not allowed to frequent as a kid although it was very close to the town centre, station, bus-stops, shops, and churches. It is now surrounded by buildings with clean lines of the lovely local stone. You walk out in the morning and it feels great, the hotel, the people in it, the food, and the surroundings. Great. I unreservedly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Aye Up!!
What a lovely review from a Huddersfield lad! Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm sure you share our pride in our town. I hope to welcome you back to God's own county in the future.
Sithee!
Joe and Family

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed at this family run hotel a few times recently as visiting ill sister in the area ( who has since sadly died). The owners and staff alike could not do enough for us.
The rooms are traditional in style and very clean. The beds we had were extremely comfortable( I will have to ask for the make of the mattresses as I intend to buy the same for home....... was the best sleep in ages.
The room facilities are excellent, usual tea/coffee/hot chocolate, tv, hairdryer, full bath/power shower( brilliant!!) and all the little products should you forget your own.
At reception area there is free use of computer/ printer - also free wifi for your own gizmos.
We enjoyed a wee drink or three in the comfort of the bar/ conservatory. The barman was lovely. He cleaned up after us after we had a Chinese meal delivered to hotel. The hotel has menus available from every imaginable take out eatery in the local area from which you can have delivered. The staff will warm the plates in readiness, and you have NO dishes to do..... excellent. I don't know of any other hotel that offers this service.
Breakfasts..... well what can I say that has not already been said,another Excellent, everything imaginable is available and the two Marks (the waiter and the chef) are very accommodating.
Hotel has secure car parking and offers a free bus ride into town.
My family and I highly recommend the Central Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Hello and thank you for a super review. It is very touching to read knowing that your recent loss must be foremost on your minds' I have shown the two Marks your top marks and they send their thanks and thoughts.
with all our best wishes to you all,
kindest regards,
Joe, family and the team.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very friendly. The staff here went out of their way to do everything possible they could to help me, from letting me use the printer to giving me a late-night snack! Always with a smile too. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hello! Short but sweet review. I`m so pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. Service to our guests costs nothing and we enjoy it.!
One point I noticed that you scored 3 of 5 for sleep quality. I would be pleased to know the cause so that we may be able to sort out any problems. I do hope this didn`t spoil your stay..
Thank you once again and we do hope to welcome you again.
kind regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our 5th stay. 5 minutes to football/rugby stadium. Central, very quiet with high security car parking. The family and their staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. Their priority is to make sure that you enjoy your stay and this return.
Breakfasts are amazing with many excellent choices both hot and cold. Hot food is cooked to your liking,you only have to state your preferences. Chinese and Spanish families were happily catered for.
Should you wish to eat in, tables,cutlery etc are available for your use and a wide choice of recommended take-always, plus their telephone numbers, are provided. You can bring your own drinks or buy from the small bar.
A comfortable conservatory is a welcoming feature where one can relax during the day or after a busy day. What more could anyone ask for?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello smwjohnT,
All the fives! 5 minutes to the stadium, 5th visit from yourselves and 5 out of 5 review! What more can I say other than a huge thank you.
Hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards,
Joe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cambridge Hotel
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Briar Court Hotel
Briar Court Hotel
#10 of 14 in Huddersfield

Been to Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!