“A welcoming cosy hotel with old fashioned values”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A really nice hotel with old fashioned values. Although it perhaps needs some refreshing of decor it is absolutely immaculate and takes great pride in customer service.
I managed to leave a small alarm clock in my room when we checked out which was a gift I am sentimental about. I only realised en route back to Manchester. There was a message waiting for me at home and the hotel were more than happy to pack and post it back to me. I felt very touched by the personal service. Recommend.

Room Tip: A little difficult for us o find but Hudderfield is a friendly place. The locals will help and the h...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ali C
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Ali C,

Your review was much appreciated and your kind words regarding customer service means a lot to our team and also pleased to see that you received your alarm clock, we have a box full in our lost property draw!

Thank you once again and hope to see you in the future.
Best Wishes

There are newer reviews for Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This is a fabulous and extremely hospitable hotel. Its a family run business so the personal touches are very welcoming :)
Themselves and theyre staff go to great lengths to ensure you are happy with your visit and fully guarantee if anythings not right (not that there was) it will be corrected :)
My moment that tickled me the most is after chatting with one of the owners at the bar about why the pen in the room is 'green'. I mean come on? who writes in green i asked? NOBODY! He replied.....hence it being green so they dont get stolen lol
GeNiOuS
Tony - Student Discount Books

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank X2ONY

Dear X2ONY,

Five out of five, thank you so much for the lovely review and for mentioning not only the family but our team. With regards to the green biros in the rooms, We put these in for our guests to complete questionnaires and you're correct that nobody takes them. However since your visit, I think one has gone missing!

Cheers

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Never stayed at this Hotel before, have been meaning to and so glad I did. From my first emails
to Angela, telephone conversation with Carole and up until my departure, I was so impressed with the excellent, courteous and friendly service provided by all members of staff I came into
contact with. As I approached the Hotel the two gentlemen sitting outside immediately rose to
their feet and took my luggage from me and made me feel so welcome immediately.

There appeared to have been a slight mix-up with my room when i booked into reception as I was
expecting to be in the main building and not the Mews. However I had help with my luggage across the courtyard to my room which was nice. My room was comfortable, very well equipped
and very clean. Oh what bliss, a mammoth duvet on a single bed, black out blinds and a
fantastic shower. Thank you to the housekeepers I came into contact with for immediate, pleasant service.

Breakfast - fantastic selection of everything, spoilt for choice. Thank you to Mark for being so
attentive and to the chef for a brilliantly cooked breakfast.

For anyone who has never been to Huddersfield before, this Hotel is in a brilliant central location
and an easy walk to both bus/train stations, but for less agile persons with luggage, I would
suggest a taxi or the free town bus, as it is a slightly uphill walk to both.

Overall I liked best the excellent service from everybody and central location and least liked was
the road noise from my room, which did detract a little as I was really tired from a rather long journey. Saying
that, the secondary glazing and black-out blinds did help and would not put me off staying again.

It was a pleasure to receive a standard follow-up letter and to know that the questionnaire I
filled in, was read - a nice touch.

I would highly recommend this place to stay and indeed, look forward to my next visit in the not too distant future. Kind Regards.

Room Tip: I was in Room 52 which has 3 single beds and a kitchenette. The room has a sloping ceiling at one...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IsleofTireeFlopsy

Dear IsleofTireeFlopsy,

From all our team, many thanks for a full and fabulous review. Everyone mentioned has read your comments and asked me to pass on their gratitude. I was particularly happy to see your comment regarding our questionnaires. All who take the time to fill them in are sent a personalised response letter whether the comments are good or not so good. We also find them useful when people mention things we may not have noticed, such as a sticking window or a cracked tile etc. I'm glad you found this to be a nice touch! Many thanks once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The people at this hotel could not do more for us. Meals were ordered and collected and delivered to our room with plates cutlery etc. Very central convenient location and easy walk to station and all we wanted to see including bus station for longer trips. Everyone we saw was friendly and helpful but the people at the hotel were really exceptional. They had lots of gluten free food, in fact almost everything was, unlike other places. Huddersfield itself was very enjoyable too, contrary to what seemed to be the common opinion of the general populace!

Room Tip: We booked on line and made no preference, not knowing anything about it. I would do it again the sa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dawn W
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Dawn W,

Thank you so much for the five out of five review and the delightful comments you have made. All our team that you came into contact with have read your posting and would like me to pass on their thanks also.

All the best

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great place to stay in down town Huddersfield.
Rooms are good and staff excellent. The hotel offers secure free parking in the center of town. Breakfast selection good and the delivered take away service in the evening charged to your account is a great idea.
Well done.
Neil B

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Neil B,

Great review, thank you! First time reviewers are important as this indicates that your experience prompted you to go on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our free on-site secure parking and breakfast. Hoping to see you on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were glad to have chosen Huddersfield Central Lodge. We visited Huddersfield to family history and to enjoy Yorkshire's gardens and genealogy. The room was comfortable, the staff was welcoming and helpful. We felt right at home and would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello Joan S,

Many thanks for the 5 out of 5 review. I'm pleased you enjoyed not only your stay but our town and Yorkshire, God's Own County!

With Kindest Regards

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here with husband and it was clean, peaceful and friendly. Live in Huddersfield but fancied a night out for a change! Would recommended if you are in the area and want somewhere to stay. Very good

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

HI Kacy W,

Nice to have a review from a local lady and hubby! Perhaps you could pass the word that we are in town and welcome not only business travellers but anyone fancying a break from home and to be looked after.

Cheers to you both.