“Grand depart Tour de France”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent location and secure on site parking. Staff were ultra helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Room was very clean and nice bar and conservatory to relax in. Will definitely return -highly recommended. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rik M
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Rik M,

Thank you for posting your first review and for choosing to stay with us during the Tour De France weekend. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.
I hope you agree that it was a superb event and a great advert for Huddersfield and Yorkshire. We will be happy to have you visit again and enjoy the delights of Huddersfield but without the crowds.

Merci.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was very tired when i arrived at the Central Lodge as my train had been delayed. But immediately I was made to feel welcome and relaxed. The room had everything I could possibly need. I particularly valued the tea-making facilities (lots of biscuits), the wonderful bathroom with lots of soaps and shampoos, and an iron in the room to make sure I looked right in the morning. All this helped me feel civilized again. the staff are very knowledgeable about the selection of local eateries for our evening meal.

Despite being in the very centre of Huddersfield, I got an excellent night's sleep and woke refreshed and ready to appreciate the excellent breakfast. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Silvertraveller193
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Silvertraveller193,

We were pleased to see that you were made welcome on your arrival after a long journey. Hospitality is a key part of our customer service and is something we all enjoy.
I have passed on your kind comments to all those you came into contact with. It was nice of you to mention our breakfast and that you had a restful night especially with our hotel been in the heart of the Town Centre.
I do hope we can welcome you and your family back when in our area again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my first time back in the Uk for thirteen years so was pleasantly surprised at my arrival at the hotel.
The staff at reception were very friendly explaining to me what was on offer in the hotel and in Huddersfield itself.
The room I was in was clean and had everything you needed if you wished to make coffee or tea at any time.
The bathroom was spotless with shampoo soap etc all included in the price and replaced every day if needed .
The staff were all friendly and the breakfast was either continental or the full English which I had every day and enjoyed immensely.
One of the evenings I spent watching the England football game with the owners Joe and Johnny in the bar and was made just as welcome as i had been with their staff .
I will be returning to UK next year and will definitely be staying at the Central Lodge Hotel.
Malcolm Abbott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank malcolm a

Hola Malcolm,

Firstly I hope you had a good visit back to Huddersfield and that you enjoyed your mini-holiday.
Thank you so much for all the kind words. Johnny and I remember the evening at the bar. I think the result was England Nil, good company 10 out of 10.
Lets hope we can have another good natter and a beer when you return next year.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at the Central lodge hotel a number of times when I have worked in the town.
I have always been welcomed warmly. It's in a great position, less than 10 minutes walk from the station, with lots of great restaurants nearby that the staff at the hotel are happy to recommend and reserve for you.
Breakfast is great and the homemade preserves are well worth trying

Room Tip: I have stayed in a few rooms. I always prefer to stay in the main hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Quadriva

Dear Quadriva,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, always good to have a regular guest taking time out to share their comments.
Another guest who loves our breakfast and home made jams, cheers!
best wishes,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

It makes life so much easier when it's possible to relax knowing that the room, bathroom and service will be clean, efficient and pleasant. Always helpful, always pleasant, and always responsive, the staff know what they're doing. They seem to enjoy their work, and enjoy ensuring that the hotel offers more than one would expect. The car parking is a bonus. The experience is stress free, with privacy and personal space, and without the impersonal, soulless uniformity of the chain hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1946rod
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hello 1946rod,
Yet again a review which is both appreciated and mentions the 'soulless uniformity' of the cooperate hotel. All our team very enjoy their work and in fact consider it to be being pad for something they enjoy.
Thank you also for mentioning our secure on-site parking. All our tam read all reviews and they were delighted to read yours.
Cheers,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Marsden hospitality is refreshingly non-corporate! I love staying in their loft rooms, which feel like a nineteenth century farm house in Pennsylvania. So many little things like local biscuits with a range of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate or the awesome cooked-to-order breakfast by smiling staff come through as hospitality from a genuine concern for customers and not something that a corporate trainer can impart to employees. Joe and John are simpy naturals at pleasing customers.

Room Tip: Pick a loft room with kitchenette for £65.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob W

Hi Bob W,
So please that yet again we have been picked out for a 5 star review and that we have shown that an independent hotel can beat cooperate chains. Hospitality is not an industry, it is easiest thing that our family and team can offer. I'm so pleased you appreciate this and hope to see you again.
All the best,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lovely family run hotel with friendly staff, situated in the city centre. Family and double rooms are spacious, clean and tidy with a homely feeling environment, and a hearty breakfast to set you off for the day. Stayed here several times and would only choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Staff allways helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bell4AB

Hello Bell4AB,
Not much to say other than a big thank you. Always a pleasure to receive a review from someone who has stayed before. Good to know we are keeping up our standards.
Best wishes,