Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
eDreams
Snaptravel
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2019 via mobile

A really great welcome from the lady on reception. Well looked after by the night manager on the bar. And a delicious breakfast.

Secure parking.
Really comfortable rooms
Very clean
Excellent staff
Highly recommended

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
HuddsJoe, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to read that our team made you feel at home. Thank you for mentioning our best aspects and for recommending the hotel. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

I stayed for one night at the end of a long weekend visiting family locally. I just wanted to relax and recover before the long journey home to Bournemouth. What a treat. The hotel is tucked away in a cobbled courtyard right in the centre of town. 5 minutes walk from the railway station. Great location and not at all noisy on a Sunday night. At first sight it looked old and unfashionable. I was a little unsure what to expect but the whole place is warm, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The staff couldn't be more friendly and the room had every facility I could wish for. Great selection of toiletries in the large modern ensuite, everything except the one thing I had forgotten - toothpaste! Hairdryer, iron, kettle and plenty of tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. Flat screen TV, loads of hanging space and such a lovely comfy bed that it was a real effort to leave it in the morning.
Although there is no restaurant for dinner in the evening, several local takeaways are happy to deliver foc. The hotel staff helpfully supply menus, take orders and phone them through. They supply cutlery and crockery plus all sauces and condiments and there are plenty of places to sit and eat in comfort. I had a very tasty tuna salad and an excellent chicken risotto. I went off to bed happy, warm and replete Maybe it wasn't cooked in house but it was just as good.
After a good night's sleep I had a great hot shower dressed and packed then went down to breakfast. What a delight that was too. Everything I could have wanted. Cereals, fresh fruit, juices and yoghurts, tea coffee etc. Then the full English - including great black pudding! After that I tackled the choice of spreads for my toast - I counted 18 varieties Angela makes wonderful home-made jam and there were about 12 flavours to choose from - I settled for rhubarb and it was delicious.
The staff had already booked my cab for 10am so all I had left to do was bring down my case and say goodbye. I was sad to leave such a happy comfortable place. I hope I get the chance to stay there again one day. I'm sure I couldn't have found anywhere better. Thank you Central Lodge, you certainly were a treat

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bellydancer09
HuddsJoe, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2019

Hi,

WOW! Thank you for your wonderful review. It read like an advert and every one of our team, including those unlucky enough not to on duty when you stayed were delighted to read your kind words.
Angela my sister-in-law would be happy to have you take home a couple of jars of her jams if you stay again (which we all hope you do!)
By the way, intrigued by your name!
With all our fondest regards,

Reviewed 2 February 2019

It's always a pleasure to stay here, the staff are friendly, the breakfast is generous, and the location is unbeatable, right in the town centre, yet not unduly noisy.

The on site secure parking is also very welcome, and it's very easy to get to, just off the ring road.

Room tip: The rooms in the Mews are larger, though the ring road view is not very appealing.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for the review. I`m sure you know that our guests who have stayed before, and still take the time to post a comment are very important to us. We all hope to be of continued service to you.

Cheers,

Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at the central lodge.

Just a 5 minute walk from Huddersfield train station and town.

Staff were lovely, room well equipped - our double had a fridge, microwave, plates and tea making facilities.

Breakfast was the best I’ve ever had in a hotel, plenty of choice and great locally sourced ingredients.

Will definitely return if visiting again.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hollntigg
HuddsJoe, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2019

Hello hollntigg,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our award-winning breakfast, our hospitality and comfortable room. We try to provide our guests with all the facilities they might need.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2019

We booked this hotel for a one night stay to attend a wedding nearby.
On arrival, the staff could not have been more welcoming, Yorkshire hospitality at its best!
Our room was on the 2nd floor and was very nice. Plenty of drawer space and a hanging area in an alcove. The en-suite bathroom had a bath with a shower over it and there were plenty of towels and nice toiletries provided.
The bed was comfortable but I didn’t get a good night’s sleep as it was quite a windy night and the bathroom fan rattled loudly with every gust of wind.
Going down for breakfast in the morning, the buffet table was very impressive, with cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, muffins, cereal bars and an amazing selection of home made jams and marmalade.
The cooked breakfast was excellent.
Again, the staff were very efficient and friendly.
The hotel has a secure locked car park.
I would definitely return to this hotel again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review and all your kind words. Thank you for mentioning our award-winning breakfast, our friendly staff, and secure car park. I was sorry to read that you did not have a good night sleep - as you mentioned, the wind was rather strong - but we hope this didn’t spoil your stay.

We hope to see you again soon!