“Good service; friendly staff and good food - what more could one ask for?”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Huddersfield Central Lodge from May 13 to May 18, 2010 and have to say they certainly did not disappoint! I thought they would be good from the responses I had received to my initial inquiries and the way my reservation was handled and I was right.
Good service, friendly, helpful staff and breakfasts to die for! I will certainly give them a 5 star rating.
The only small thing was my mattress was a bit too firm - but that was sorted out by my just folding my duvet in half and making a nest out of it! No huge problem.
I will be back to stay with you in the future.
The fact there is a computer available for guests to use is only a bonus and appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 June 2010

The Staff and service were incredible and the breakfast was fantastic.The rooms clean and i can't say a bad word it was just a great stay in a great location. We actually just found it by accident. Huddersfield is a great place and the Lodge just made it better!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank NandLPaisley
Reviewed 9 May 2010

This was a combination business/pleasure trip for me and the hotel was perfect for what I wanted. Location is just steps away from public transportation--Huddersfield's free bus, train, coaches--and a good number of restaurants within a short walk. Ditto for sight-seeing and entertainment; the Lawrence Batley Theatre is a few minutes away as are the bus and rail stations and Huddersfield Market.

Our room was available upon early check-in and was always serviced promptly, whether I left early for my day's activities or lingered leisurely over the humongous breakfast. (Housekeeping did not accept my gratuities.) The buffet had a great selection of hot and cold items. The lobby computer was always available for those of us international travelers who, due to Security, fly with fewer and fewer electronic gadgets.

Staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. They had a pile of menus from local restaurants and knew directions to everywhere.

Kathy Noltze

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I’ve just returned to Dublin from a weekend stay in the Huddersfield Central Lodge and feel I must write this review to let everyone know about it, even though it might open the floodgates and make it more difficult for me to book in the future. My work takes me to a lot of places around the world and I’ve stayed in Hotels in New York, Dubai, Paris … to name a just a few and I have to say that for comfort alone, the Huddersfield Central Lodge, ranks up there with all of them.
I’ve stayed here before and last weekend there were a group of 4 of us there. Two of the others who were not there before were amazed at the place.
The family run hotel has everything a good hotel needs, excellent service, lovely breakfast, great location and all pulled together by an excellent staff to make it such a jewel.
Everything about the Huddersfield Central Lodge is welcoming. The style, the conservatory, the rooms etc.
You could use terms like “a home from home” , “breakfast that my mother makes” but it has to be experienced to be believed.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This hotel is very well located, and the rooms are very nice. The best thing about the Lodge is the friendly and efficient management. The internet came and went however, and it was going to be fixed the day we left. The breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2010

excellent stay at central lodge - rooms were well equipped, bathrooms great, breakfast even better, and the service was friendly and attentive. great location - thoroughly recommended

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2010

If you've got to go to Huddersfield then you may as well stay at the Central Lodge! I had to go for a work meeting, and as my partner had stayed here for a conference a couple of years ago and said it was nice, and as we all needed a weekend away, the family came too, though in the event it was only one night - what a shame!

We had a roomy double bed and two singles room in the annexe. Strange sort of room with lots of low beams (mind your head) and a kitchenette for longer stays. Fair trade tea & coffee provided - splendid!

The double was one of those small doubles (a four-foot I think) which was a little cosy and would've been better for one person really, I felt anxious about falling out. Still it was sufficient for one night. The chocolate box pictures on the wall were something special!

We had a relaxing drink in the bar in the evening after sampling one of Yorkshire's famed curries. Very pleasant though not exciting. Still we had our 15-year old with us so I guess a night on the town wasn't appropriate!

The breakfast was very good with freshly-cooked eggs, and bacon if you wanted it (we're veggie and there was plenty of choice for us).

It's not posh - it's comfy, down-to-earth, friendly and a home-from-home. If that's what you're looking for, this is the place!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business