Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed here as my daughter is at university in Huddersfield. Homely, comfortable and spotless. Perfect location, secure parking. Recommended to friends who also enjoyed their stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
HuddsJoe, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

Hello Bracey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the top marks. We all hope we can welcome you back on your next visit and please pass on our best wishes to your daughter with her studies.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2019

This hotel is very well located if you're going out into Huddersfield for an evening. It has safe parking, a great breakfast and decent check-out time at 11am. The bar is limited in choice but is reasonably priced.

The hotel is clean and well equipped, so although its decor is on the old fashioned side, it has everything you need for a pleasant stay. The shower in our room was brilliant and the beds were comfy. They even provided a fan in the room as it was unseasonably warm.

The only drawback is the clock chiming early in the morning - not sure if it was 6am or 7am but I'm sure it can be heard all over the town, and the refuse truck's early visit, but this is quite common for hotels.

I would definitely recommend this place. I've stayed at the Premiere Inn before and although it's modern, the parking is limited, not as safe and you have to cross a very busy road to reach it from the town centre.

Room tip: Ask which side the refuse truck visits in the morning and choose the other side.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HuddsJoe, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2019

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We were all delighted to read the positives and for your comparisons to one of the national chains. The town Parish Church, is only a few hundred meters away and I hope the chimes didn't spoil your stay. I do hope you have a chance to visit us again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

First impressions weren’t great. It wasn’t a pleasant walk from the station and at 5pm
The pub across the road had lots of drunk people outside (out of the hotel’s control I totally get that but it bothered me) but it’s worth knowing if you are going to walk from station.
The hotel was dated, more so than I expected, and my room, 29, was dated. Having said that it was really spacious with 2 windows (so lots of natural light) and lots of touches such as extra tea, milk, biscuits and a good range of toiletries in the bathroom. Having an iron in the room also helpful and a big hairdryer. There was also a mini fridge.
The conservatory bar is very sweet and a nice place to relax - I liked the touch of the Yorkshire coasters etc. There’s a book case of local knowledge and novels.
I didn’t have a problem with noise at all despite sleeping with windows open (it’s very hot at the moment, not hotel’s fault). Breakfast saw a plentiful selection although fresh pastries would be nice rather than long life ones wrapped in polythene. My poached eggs were cooked well. Coffee ok, not very strong.
Prices would perhaps seem high however having stayed in Huddersfield regularly it is line with others.
Friendly staff.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank BecciGlos

Hello Becci,

Thank you for your honest review and all comments good or not so good are important to us to maintain or improve our standards. It seems that many aspects of your stay were enjoyable, which I was pleased to read. Regarding the pub around the corner, I agree that on some occasions, it can seem a little rowdy. Many of our guests who travel by train, have a taxi from outside the station to our front door and this costs £3.50. I do hope this didn't spoil your visit and that we have the chance to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2019

There is something so special about staying in a well serviced smaller lodge. All the awards that they post upon entering the establishment, needed one more. An award for details.

From the charming hanging planter pots in their very English atrium, to the breakfast tables being all set up for service in it, the attention to detail has been music to my eyes.

This hidden gem in a quite off the path of a busy little Huddersfield, has once again brought my family together in a very English way.

The excellent customer service from the all accommodating staff, makes this time with my family extra special.

I will not stay anywhere else but here for my Huddersfield visits.

I was here four years ago when my youngest came here for his first year of university. It was a very hard time seeing him go off to make his way in the world, a difficult one, but the lodge gave us comfort, making us hopeful for his next four years because of the way the people who worked there were so kind and friendly.

Now I am back, 4 years later to see my son graduate. I find once again a warm welcoming “welcome back, anything we can do to make your stay comfortable we will do” attitude, it’s charm is still abound, the accommodations still unique, the people, real.

I have to give this Lodge a 5 star review do to the impeccable details of my stay. The tea service in room, the homey rooms and large bath set up, the charming bar service off the main entrance, the outside sitting areas to enjoy your evening cocktail or morning coffee/tea, it’s been all top
Notch service and would recommended this establishment for anyone who is interested in charm and atmosphere.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello,

Wow, what a fantastic review. Thank you so much for all your kind words and all our team were so happy to read about your visits during your son's time at University. Please pass on our best wishes for his future.

Kindest regards from us all,

Reviewed 7 July 2019

Great atmosphere, wonderful staff, great location: I stay here whenever visiting my daughter, son-in-law and grandsons. And the 5 year-old enjoys visiting me here to play in the comfortable room or to play chess in the dining area or lounge. It is like home away from home.

Room tip: Never had a bad room ,but rooms 29 and 30 seem to be favorites.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Rick,

I do of course know who you are and am grateful for you leaving a review. All the team enjoy your visits and we look forward to your next.

Many thanks and best wishes,