“Great location, staff friendly and accommodating”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great location, staff friendly and accommodating”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Clean and comfortable room. Quality breakfast. Very convenient for town centre shops and facilities. Secure parking is a definite attraction. Very good value for money. We appreciated being able to take our well-behaved dog with us.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The family and staff are very friendly and I felt well looked after during my stay
Its a bonus to be able to use the available computer to keep contact with home
The English breakfast was a good start to the day and there were lots of ideas provided for local restaurants in the evening
There is a small friendly and comfortable bar in the evenings
I would definitely choose to stay there again

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We have now stayed at the Huddersfield Central Lodge twice, and intend to keep coming back while our son is at Uni . Price is higher than the chain hotels nearby, but the personal attention, the secure parking, 24 hour manned entrance, and of course the breakfast, make it worthwhile. I had a slightly disturbed night due to noisy pipes, and we received a letter apologising about it, a nice gesture. These things happen.
They also have an appartment with a kitchenette, useful for longer stays.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
sutton surrey
Reviewed 12 September 2010

It was a pleasure to stay at the Central Lodge, from the moment of arrival the staff and owners of the hotel were so pleasant and helpful.
I picked this hotel after reading other guests reviews, and for me it was a no brain-er to stay there.

The first night I went to the bar and the staff introduced me to other guests and brought me into their conversation. Which was great for me because being on my own for a week is not much fun and I had a great laugh with them during my stay.

One of the assets for this hotel is their secure gated car park which is also covered by C.C.T.V, as my car was only 2 weeks old , it was great to have this peace of mind.

The room I was given was spacious and very clean, with a 36'' flat-screen T.V and everything you may need, i.e iron, ironing board , tea, coffee, and bathroom products.

The breakfast was great and had every thing I could possibly want, and I found I did not have to eat for the rest of the day afterwards.Although the hotel does not provide evening meals, it does have extensive take away menus, and the staff are more then happy to place an order for you and you can either eat it in the hotel dining area or the comfort of your own room, which i thought was a great idea.

Overall this is a very pleasant place to stay and i would highly recommend it . I would like to say a big thank you to Joe and his staff, especially the young girl staff member who helped me with my revision for the test I had at the last day of my stay, and if I was ever in the Huddersfield area again i will definately stay at the Central Lodge.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Kent, UK
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We booked two rooms at the Central Lodge for one night in July, for my son's graduation. The Lodge is located right in the centre of Huddersfield, within easy walking distance of the shops in the town centre and the University. We were greeted warmly by the proprietors, Johnny and Joe, and given a welcome cup of tea. I have to say that the service at the Central Lodge was absolutely fantastic - nothing was too much trouble. There is no restaurant, but a selection of take-away menus were available, and they were happy to phone through our selection, and allowed us to eat our order, (a range of curries!) in the bar. All this at quite a late hour.

The rooms I can best describe as traditional, not particularly spacious, but clean, with en suite, and perfectly adequate for an overnight stay.

Breakfast is superb, a full English, beautifully cooked, and choice of cereals, yogurts, etc, toast, and also a range of home made preserves. It really set us up for the day.

It was also raining that morning, and as we had just come from the South where there was a heatwave we had no umbrellas with us. Luckily the Lodge had some for guest use, and we were able to borrow a couple, which really saved the day, otherwise we would have been completely drenched in the 10 minute walk to the University. We were able to leave the car in the gated Car Park, as parking in central Huddersfield isn't easy, so this was also a great help.

I do, however, have a couple of reservations. For some reason, both our rooms were very hot, ours in particular. This was not due to the weather - it was quite cool outside. We weren't able to open the window as there was a club just across the road which played very load music into the early hours. We did have a fan in our room, but this was insufficient. We had already been offered the use of a fan if necessary, so we had to take up this offer, and the combined efforts of two fans did the trick. I'm not sure whether we were just unlucky with the location of our rooms, or whether they all suffer from the same problem. The public areas downstairs seemed fine.

So I would certainly stay at the Central Lodge again, so long as it was in a different room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2010
Hello!

Many thanks for your lovely review and the kind comments regarding our staff and facilities. I am glad the brollys were useful to you, we buy them from the pound shop!

I'm sorry to hear the problems with heat in your room, which I would like to blame on our lovely thick yorkshire stone walls. However, I'm glad the fans were helpful, and we have plenty available for all guests.

Please accept my apologies for the noise disturbance from the nearby venue. To be honest we have had a few similar comments recently, and we are in touch with the local Council Noise Pollution Offices. They have issued notices to the venue, instructing them to reduce and keep down the volume, so as not to disturb our guests, even with windows open. Up to now they are complying with this order.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to place a review, and good luck to your son now that he has graduated.

Kind regards,
Joe Marsden
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Really appreciated the free WiFi. Location was excellent - easy walking distance to the University of Huddersfield

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I write this on behalf of myself and my other 5 collegues who stayed at the Central Lodge. Our rooms were above the standard we were expecting with them being extremely comfortable and clean. But above all, the staff were exceptionally friendly and went to great lengths to make our stay a welcomed one and went that extra mile to in recommending/offering to book local restaurants and places to visit. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to stay here and would make this suggestion in complete confidence. If I am ever in Huddersfield again I would definitely stay at the Central Lodge. Oh... and the breakfasts are tremendously delicious and substantial!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business