“Friendly hotel where we all (ex. Army) were made very welcome”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Fakenham, United Kingdom
“Friendly hotel where we all (ex. Army) were made very welcome”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Used the locked car park on two occasions on our reunion weekend, but this time as our usual hotel the standards had dropped on the last visit we took advice from others that this was a good hotel. It never let us down, friendly, very clean and enjoyable breakfast, will come again next time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2011
Hi and please say Hello to the rest of your team who stayed with us. Thank you for your kind comments and if you are holding another reunion please let me know so we can look after you as before.

P.S Did they find a golf club?

Best wishes,

Joe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I cannot remember now how many times I have stayed at the Lodge. I always find its location, easy informal atmosphere just what I like. The rooms are spacious, warm and contain all you need. Nothing seems too much trouble for the day or night staff. Many thanks - see you next visit.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
Thank you!
Always good to see you, but I think we both need better jokes!

Joe
gazrey8814
Reviewed 11 November 2010

As soon as you arrive at the Central Lodge, you feel the family welcome. I was met by the two owning brothers, Joe and Jonny. They could not have been more helpful. I was shown from reception to my room. for the price I payed for the room I will admit, I was not expecting much, i could not have been more wrong. The room was of a great size and very comfortable. The biggest shock was the outstanding kitchenette! Everything you need for a 12 night stay. There was a fridge, hobs, a sink and a microwave aswell as a good selection of kitchenware. A good sized en-suite bathroom with great shower too.
Then there is the breakfast, OUTSTANDING!!! Great service, and fantastic food. If you want evening meals, you can order in to the hotel, and they provide all the plates and such for you to enjoy your meal in the bar or conservatory, or even in your room. This was all completed by superb secure parking, i really do mean secure too!!!
All in all, i cannot fault my stay here one bit. Friendly and kind staff made a long work stay comfortable and enjoyable. I fully reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I know ill be back!!!

Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My fiance and I have been here for 4 days and although this place is a thousand times better than the Cedar Court, in my opinion, it's still not on par with American 4 Star hotels, but I have been told by some native Brits that the American hotel rating scale is more stringent. The shower has a little bit of mold, but that seems to be almost unavoidable given the climate in the UK. And it is so slight that you don't even smell it. This place has a very comfortable feel and the conservatory is charming. The staff is very welcoming, and willing to answer any questions you may have, and will meet all of your needs. For instance, we will be staying here for many weeks and will be allowed to receive mail here. There is free wifi, however, the internet cuts out in the evening and early morning, probably because the server gets overloaded. The breakfast is free and is amazing. The complementary tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and biscuits in the room are a very nice touch. Our room is on a busy street, but there are double windows which really cut down on the noise, and even if the windows are open, the noise is definitely bareable and not enough to greatly interfere with your sleep. There is no clock, and thus no alarm to set, but the staff provides free wake-up calls. And the room is quite spacious for European standards--about the size that you would expect a hotel room to be.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post a review, they are an important part of helping us to keep and improve our standards.

Your kind comments are very welcome and I have passed these on to our team.

With regards to our free- Wi-fi, you are right about overloading. More and more guests are using the facility and we are in the process of upgrading our system to provides guests with a wider bandwidth and this should be connected and completed we hope, before December 1st.

Mould! No decent accommodation provider should have this problem, even with our lovely Yorkshire weather!

Our housekeepers and our maintenance man are checking every bathroom in detail to sort and problems. MY apologies for this oversight.

Many thanks once again, and have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Joe Marsden
Director
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I thought this hotel was fine for my one night business stay in Huddersfield. Rooms were spacious and staff mostly friendly.Three small niggles that would have made my stay perfect:
1)The wireless internet was not working properly so I was not able to complete the tasks I needed to do which was a problem.
2) In the a.m. a housekeeper was very anxious and knocked on my door 3 times wanting to clean even though it was well before the check out time. I found this not only rude but irritating and inappropriate.
3) Shower curtain and tiles had mold that needed cleaning and some old empty bath products were not cleaned out in shower area which was a bit gross and overlooked.

Overall though, it was fine for a night.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Oh dear! It seems we let you down on your recent visit and our standards were not up to our usual. We are looking into the points you made and I shall write to you directly in the next 2 or 3 days.

Thank you for posting a review, we welcome them, good or not so good.

Kind regards,

Joe Marsden
Lawrtenny
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Having been stuck in Huddersfield twice this year - the volcano and French natiuonal strike - we stayed yet again at the HCL which has almost become our home from home; it certainly feels like it. The welcome is homely. The breakfast, homely, copious, delicious and for me " gluten free" which was a real bonus. It inspired my wife to make a patchwork card so it must have been good. A fantastic 4* B&B which deserves every accolade.
Nick & Patricia

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I stayed at Huddersfield Central Lodge as it was within walking distance to Huddersfield University where I was attending a conference. My room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfasts were a highlight and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business