“Still the same good food, nice staff, NOW an extremely smart and attractive place to go!”
Review of Shama

Shama
Ranked #40 of 537 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our choice of dishes include: Starters, Balti Murgh/Gosht Dishes, Vegetarian Dishes, Shama Specialities, Curry Dishes and don't forget your Side Dishes. Shama Balti Restaurant is no longer licensed, although you're welcome to bring your own alcohol. We're open seven days, Monday-Saturday 5pm-11pm and Sunday 3pm-10pm!
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have for over 20 years enjoyed the food served by the pleasant staff at the Shama Restaurant situated in Fartown, Huddersfield. It has recently re-opened after a major refurbishment .......and WOW! ........IT REALLY IS SUPERB ...........on a recent visit I joked with the staff that I'd wished I'd known which bank they'd robbed to fund the beautiful refurbishment they have just completed (lets face it, they've gone 'to town') ...........'cos I might have gone along for the ride and help myself to a few of the greenbacks! .........The staff were, as usual, friendly and charming, the ambience, absolutely superb and the food? ...........well why do you think I've been going to the place for so long ........I go because it is good and nothing is too much trouble for the staff to do in order to please you and make your evening enjoyable. They go 'the extra mile' to ensure you are happy.

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

If you have the chance GO!!! The food is truly exceptional I will take you through... popadoms not really a favourite of mine but these are light so crispy and with a hint of garlic and corriander, the pickle tray is a taste sensation WOW! the lime pickle literally blows you away! The starter Tandoori Lamb Chops (jokingly) ordered pink arrived pink but with the fat crispy awesome I ordered two portions to take home! The main course King Prawn Jhalfrezi is served traditional with boiled eggs and lentils and chunks of different types of chillies it was unbeleivably tasty the chappatis my god wafer thin but somehow dont split as you scoop the delicious food up! The mushroom bhaji is delicate and is a perfect accompanyment when you need some respite from the warming heat of the curry. The surroundings may be not to everyones taste but this place is about the food and it ranks among the best of any cuisine Ive tasted.Outstanding!!!!!

Reviewed 29 November 2012

Really impressed with the new refurbishment, inside looks amazing. The menu had something for everyone and all the food we had was fantastic! The service was brilliant, lovely friendly staff... even got a rose when we paid the bill (which was excellent value) Would definitely recommend and will be return very soon!

2  Thank Jamie D
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I attended two weeks ago with my family having visited several times before. On my previous visits the décor was very tired but the food and service was very good.

This most recent visit was an absolute surprise to find the refurbished new-look restaurant, which is a vast improvement.

I cannot say that I am in any way a connoisseur of a good curry but my main course was memorable. The pier de resistance was my starter; abso-bloody-lutely fantastic.(couldn’t help but squeeze in a Tmesis there)

It was the ‘Zingy’ chicken liver dish, make sure you order it.

I will return soon.

2  Thank Drjohn007
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

I went to shama with a group of 16 for my birthday, the place is big and can accommodate several large parties. The food was excellent but the service was I little slow. The prices were not bad, however the menu on the website is out of date and prices have increased. Overall a good night out.