“Fantastic hen do”
other travellers have booked this property
Spring Wood Cottage dating back to 1840 - full of luxury, comfort and a fascinating history!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hen parties & birthday celebrations very welcome xx
Large and spacious main lounge with comfy soga bed, dvds, karaoke and books to keep you entertained!
HD SmartTV, DVD player, Bluetooth soundbar and woodburner for cosy evenings in :)
Hen parties and birthdays more than welcome! Cocktail classes are fantastic fun and only £30pp! x
Fabulous afternoon tea delivered for only £15pp x
Lots of dvds and books and karaoke!!
Brand new kitchen, excellent for cooking with all cooking utensils provided
Range cooker - plenty of space for cooking :)
Slate and glass tableware
Second lounge (snug) with HD TV, Sofa bed, Xbox and games.
Second lounge with full size sofa bed and cupboard for clothes storage also :)
Brand new full size double sofa bed - trampoline based for extra comfort.
Original features
Our patio is well lit at night for winter bbqs :)
large family bathroom with bath and double shower
Triple bunk room with luxury bedding
Large luxury Ensuite bathroom
triple bunk room with ensuite
original features
Beautiful furniture
original features
Plenty of space for 16 to dine outside
bbq provided plus one bag of coals free to get you started!  :)
Private dining and entertaining at the rear :)
rattan furniture, 16 can comfortably enjoy the sunshine!
Holmfirth High Street with lovely restaurants, bars and shops all within 5 minutes drive :)
Holmfirth - 5 minutes drive away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

snowflake...
Hull UK
“Fantastic hen do”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

What a wonderful house, home from home. Spring cottage had everything you could wish for plus the little extras like milk, tea bags, coffee etc. The little cakes and fizz were a lovely surprise. There 15 of us and the house was more than big enough to cater for us all. Two bedrooms had en suite with a main family bathroom which meant nobody had to queue to get showered. The hot tub and karaoke made the weekend for the girls. Sara was a great help to my daughter with helping to organise activities for our time there. These included evening meal and afternoon tea which were thoroughly enjoyed and catered for specific diets. We also had spa treatment and everyone said how good they felt afterwards. I had Chris do mine and we had such a lovely chat whilst she was doing my treatment, it was one of the best massages I have had. I can’t comment on what the area around the cottage is like as we never left until time to depart. The girls have already said they would like to do another weekend here. I would definitely recommend Spring Wood Cottage to family and friends. Thank you Sara for a brilliant weekend.

4 Apr 2018
Thank you for your lovely review! It was a pleasure hosting you - I will pass your kind comments onto our wonderful suppliers - we are so lucky to have such a fab team! I look forward to seeing you again! Sara xx
Hannah-gi...
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Amazing weekend!”
Reviewed 25 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We had an amazing time at Speing Wood cottage this weekend. I booked it for my sisters hen do and Sara was so helpful in helping arrange activities and treatments for me and the girls. The house is gorgeous and so homey. It has everything you need and there’s plenty of space for everyone. The hot tub was bliss and was great to relax in.
We will be back! Thanks so much for the best weekend and for helping create so many memories!

27 Mar 2018
Thank you so much Hannah for your kind review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your treatments and the cheffed meal :) I do look forward to seeing you all again xx
brooksibe...
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Amazing relaxing holistic weekend”
Reviewed 27 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Me and my daughter went to the holistic retreat weekend back in January (we came back that relaxed it's taken me this long to leave a review haha)
We felt at ease and welcomed straight away.
Chris was a great host and guide.
We had lovely food cooked for us by Nathan, chilled out in the hot tub, cheeky few drinks and karaoke with the rest of the girls.

The spiritual side of the weekend was very interesting and enlightening and the techniques we learnt there, we are putting to good use.

A big positive from the weekend was it really helped us both with our level of anxiety.

To have the weekend in such a lovely cosy warm cottage was the icing on the cake.

Thank you for having us and hopefully we will be able to make it again sometime.
Would definitely recommend this to others.

1 Mar 2018
Thank you Sandra - the weekend went down a treat and is hopefully being repeated on 23rd November :) I look forward to seeing you again xx
Keeley170...
“Little gem of Huddersfield. ”
Reviewed 25 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I booked this for my 30th and Hen Do celebrations.
The house is immaculately cleaned. Everything you could possibly think of, Sara has thought of. From little touches like tea and coffee, tom ketchup and brown sauce, shampoo, girly things, body wash, soap, plastic glasses for the hot tub, towels for the hot tub, towels for the guests for the shower. Sara has thought of every little detail. And more. The cakes and Asti on arrival were adorable.
She has speedy communication and anything you ask for is not a trouble at all. When we first went to the house to view it she was the perfect host. Made us all feel very at ease.
The house is easy location from Huddersfield town centre and not far from the vital necessities we all need.
The beauty treatments were fabulous and very reasonably priced.
Sara is very helpful when it comes to other suggestions for events within the area, and other things to do on your weekend. Being from the area myself we already knew what we were doing, but the house is so easy to get to non of our party got lost or had trouble getting there.
I have already told people about the house, and even more so will be telling them now about this little gem of Huddersfield.
Thank you for making my wonderful weekend so memorable!

26 Feb 2018
Thank you Keeley, you were such lovely guests :) helping you organise was a pleasure! please do book again xx
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing Stay and a great host!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Fabulous evening for a hen party! Myself and the other bridesmaids planned our Bride To Be a surprise Hen Party here! As you can imagine planning this was quite stressful however with Sara's incredible help it made the planning so much easier! Sara was an absolute diamond from start to finish, she would reply to me extremely fast and arranged everything we needed.

The house itself is immaculate, so homely and comfortable with everything we needed - even down to fresh cakes!! The beds were very comfy - even the pull out bed i stayed on! There was more than enough bedding for everyone, and Sara even left blankets out for the children we had with us so they could snuggle up in the lounge. We made full use of the hot tub and karaoke machine!! There were towels for everyone for both showering and hot tub use. Unfortunately it was a little cold for us to enjoy the beautiful decking area however we are planning to take a trip again one summer and make full use of this.

I honestly couldn't recommend the cottage enough! I will definitely be booking again.

Thanks Sara!

22 Feb 2018
Thanks Natalie so much for your brilliant review - it was a pleasure helping you organise things, I know how important it is that things go well for such a special occasion :) I look forward to seeing you again in a warmer season!! Sara xx
allabouty...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Simply wonderful!”
Reviewed 18 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Had an incredible hen weekend at the cottage. The perfect layout and amount of space for a large group. Sara is so helpful, not only in the booking process but with arranging extras (cocktail class, therapies etc) and has created a real haven with lots of little luxury touches (toiletries provided, cakes and prosecco on arrival etc). The in-house activities recommended were fantastic and the whole group had a fantastic time. Would not hesitate to book again!

19 Feb 2018
Thank you so much Sarah for your lovely review. Our suppliers are all fantastic and always get 5* reviews - we are lucky to have put together such a great team! Please do book again xx
amybagley...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hen Do Weekend”
Reviewed 17 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Would Like to say a massive thank you to Sara for our amazing stay at the cottage. I must say the photos dont do it justice, the house is really clean and modern with some classic touches. All the bedrooms are a very good size with two of them having a en suite. The hot tub room has everything you need from plastic glasses to towels and even a soundbar. The kitchen is equipped with everything you'd need and more than you could think of. Also the decking area is huge! Thanks for the speedy replies too :)

Thank you again, Would defo recommend!

18 Jan 2018
Thanks Amy for your lovely review and for leaving the house so incredibly tidy - I hardly knew you had been!! So glad you enjoyed your hen weekend - please do book again xx
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing