Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Southcliff(Folkestone)
US$56
US$53
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Burlington Hotel(Folkestone)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$127
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
1,350 results
All reviewschannel tunnellarge tescopetrol stationthe sofa bedhour tescofree breakfastovernight stopan early startminute drivefrom francenext morningle shuttleen routelong driveone night stayreception staffcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked this for me and the wife to have a 1 night break. Looking forward to the rest we were kindly welcomed to the hotel by the very friendly staff.
We went to the room and we liked the lay out together with it being clean.
Evening arrived and the extractor fan in the bathroom would not turn off.
I of course went and asked about it but was told it was on constantly.
Some people could tolerate it but I am a light sleeper so the staff kindly offered another room which I accepted. It wasn't until the staff had left us in the other room when my wife mentioned it stinks of smoke and I noticed 3 unsightly stains on the carpet but by then I could not be bothered to go and mention it as I am not one to normally complain. It was obvious that people previously had been smoking when it clearly states No Smoking.........must have previously had a couple staying from the Jeremy Kyle Show! I just cannot stand scum bags staying in clean places and treating it like their home.... ( a s##t hole)
To top things off there are 6 rooms allocated for dogs to stay.... I could not believe this until I saw 2 dogs coming out of the lift............ Wish I had cancelled and just gone home because the breakfast was nothing like the buffet I am familiar with but would appeal to lots of families from a third world country.
As the saying goes 'you get what you pay for' and on this occasion we most certainly did..... Will not return.

Stayed: March 2014
GMHIEXFOLKESTONE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Steve61975,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Folkestone, Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.

Your feedback is very important to us to help us establish what is important to our guests and helps us improve our service. I am unable to locate your reservation from your trip advisor name, therefore could you contact me on gm@hiexfolkestone.com with your reservation details; I will then be able to investigate your experience in full.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here after a very long journey and it was exactly what we needed. Showers were hot, rooms were warm and we were even provided with a list of takeaways and restaurants with the distance to each one and suitability. Lost my toothpaste, not a problem, supplied travel size free of charge. Thank you Holiday Inn Folkestone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kay W

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Folkestone.

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel after your long journey and the room was clean and comfortable for your short stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Situated in the village of Cheriton. The hotel is about a five minute drive away from Channel Tunnel check in. A marvellous location iif you want to get an early start and across the channel. It is also often considerably cheaper than similar hotels in the Calais area! The hotel rooms themselves are fairly basic but clean and functional and perfect for a one night stopover. Holiday Inn Expresses are essentially budget hotels and rooms only have showers generally but otherwise again the bathrooms are fine for short stays. Our room also had a desk area with fast free wifi and plenty of plugs etc. Plenty of space for luggage and adequate hanging space for a short stay. The double beds are just that - doubles and not king sized in anyway but again adequate. There is a bar and grill type dinner operation and breakfast is also served in this area and fine with a limited but hot scrambled egg , sausage and baked beans cooked offer with usual cereals, breads tea coffee juices etc. Welcoming reception staff made the stay even more enjoyable. For good measure there is a 24 hour Tesco superstore with petrol station virtually next door for last minute shopping and filling the car.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This place is worth staying in only if you have an early morning channel tunnel crossing to catch. It's about as basic as it comes. The bed is a 'cheap as chips' sprung mattress - not very comfortable - but is ok for a short night's sleep. You can hear other guests in the corridors.
The breakfast is best avoided!
Nothing at all to write home about - good location for the tunnel and suitably clean. Nothing more!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMHIEXFOLKESTONE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Noughtsandcrosses,

I’m so pleased to hear that the hotel was of a suitable location for the Channel Tunnel. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our free breakfast offering and you had an uncomfortable bed in room

I am unable to locate your reservation from your trip advisor name, therefore could you contact me on gm@hiexfolkestone.com with your reservation details; I will then be able to investigate your experience in full..

Reviewed 15 March 2014

If planning an early crossing to France (tunnel or ferry), this is the perfect place to stay the night before, to avoid the anxiety of chancing M25 delays on the morning of travel.

Welcoming reception staff, clean room with good shower and cooked breakfast included for a reasonable price.

Also a 24 hour supermarket just down the road for anything you've forgotten or to fill up with fuel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael K

Dear Michael K,

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel was of a suitable location for the Channel Tunnel,