We made an unplanned stopover at Hotel Relish, due to our car breaking down. After a stressful day it was positively wonderful to receive such a warm welcome from Yvonne. We were given a tour of the accommodation and shown the lounge area where one could relax and read the magazines and newspapers on offer. We had access to the complimentary homemade cakes, juices, bottled water, various teas and a state of the art coffee machine. In addition to this they offered a choice of a glass of red/white wine or a bottled beer. Yvonne very kindly also booked a restaurant for us for later that evening, once we had made a selection from the detailed list provided by the hotel. This was much appreciated.
Our room, the Cliff on the top floor, was so nice that we nearly changed our mind about going out; lovely and spacious, spotlessly clean, with tea and coffee making facilities, along with complimentary bottled water, free Wi-Fi and a DVD player. The walk in shower was fantastic and the large fluffy bath sheets, along with the good quality complimentary toiletries provided, were a very nice touch. They seemed to have thought of everything!
Our room backed onto the Gardens and due to the peace and quiet and the comfort of the bed and pillows we slept extremely well and were only woken by our alarm clock going off. The heating could be controlled by either switching the radiator down or off so temperature was perfect for us.
Breakfast was of a very high standard with all tastes being catered for. We can certainly recommend the full English
Nothing was too much trouble and we could not fault the service we received. Furthermore we thought all the little extra touches and complimentary items made it a very reasonably priced accommodation. We would definitely stay here again and are very much looking forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fashionable "West End", The Relish is Folkestone's first contemporary, and only 5 Star guest accommodation. 10 en-suite rooms furnished to the highest standard with sumptuous beds. Rates include unlimited fresh coffee, tea, homemade cakes, and a complimentary glass of wine or beer upon arrival, direct dial telephones and free broadband access. The Relish is a place you will want to return to again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your The Relish reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Relish Hotel Folkestone
- Relish Hotel Folkestone
- The Relish Folkestone, Kent