“Piece of history”
Review of The Leas Lift - CLOSED

The Leas Lift
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I'm glad that this is still operating and that the price is something that even the most frugal among us can agree is VERY reasonable! At £1 a trip, you'd be silly not to try it. Definitely my favourite bit of this little town!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

And it does a wonderful job.

Not so impressed by the public telescopes on the Leas that we used to try to see the French coast more clearly. They may only be 20p a go - but you only get a miserable thirty seconds' viewing, scarcely enough to angle and focus. Sort this out, Folkestone!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I went for a walk and found this lifts they are £1 to go but worth it not on long I enjoyed them .Beach is a nice place go stones not sand, lovely walks at beach front which was close to the Ward Hotel that I sayed at , it was a working time for me but love to go back again enjoyed Folkestone you can get trips from there to France so that would be nice to do sometime.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was a fun thing to do while we were in the area. Our party of 4 adults plus one baby in a pushchair fitted happily in to the lift which had a few other people and another pram in it. There was a short wait for the lift to go (a couple of minutes max), but as it is only a short ride to the top it doesn't matter. The guard was very friendly and showed us the entrance with ramps for pushchairs. The entry fee was very reasonable and its a fun thing to do, and a great view from the top, we could see France very clearly!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

A great trip up the cliff...saves you walking and good value too!! Very friendly staff and a small souvenir shop at the bottom!