We are just back from a couple of days break at the above hotel.It was a deal including a 2 course dinner on the first night and we enjoyed it so much we had dinner there on the second night as well.To be honest we didn't expect much as the price was very reasonable and as we had been on many of these deals before,we did expect to find some compromises,but the thing is...we didn't!! The drinks were reasonably priced,and dinner was served piping hot and very well presented.The menu has enough variety to suit everybody,with a good selection of meat,game and seafood.Breakfast is also delicious with enough variety to suit everyone.The waiting staff are very attentive in a friendly and professional manner and constantly checked if all was ok.We were given one of their refurbished rooms on the third floor which had a part sea view and was spotlessly clean and fresh,the sheets actually smelt like new,and the bathroom was also spotless with a nice selection of shower gel etc.We take these type of trips on a regular basis and always call the hotel first to make sure they take dogs as we have a miniature Yorkshire terrier,and Im happy to report that pets are allowed,although do call them in advance and let them know if you are bringing a pet.They even asked us if we needed a bed for our dog,as they are happy to supply one if needed.All in all, we had a very nice stay at the Burlington and we will definitely return there again.Its an olde worlde type hotel with a certain charm that is currently being updated,and it has a lovely welcoming feel and is just a short 5 min walk from the seafront.
Well worth a visit, and if you do go,say hello to the wonderful receptionist Julia for us.All of the staff will make sure you enjoy your stay there.We couldent ask for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the English Channel, this traditional hotel is a 7-minute walk from both the seafront and Leas Cliff Hall, and a 15-minute walk from Folkestone Central train station. The standard rooms have no-frills furnishings and decor, and come with free WiFi, TVs, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Upgraded rooms add plush fabrics, canopy beds and also feature sea views. Family rooms are also available. There's a casual bar and a grill restaurant, both featuring a locally sourced menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, SpeedyBooker.com, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your The Burlington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burlington Hotel Folkestone
- The Burlington Hotel Folkestone, Kent