“Vaut le detour !!”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Difficult to find without a map, but well worth it. Friendly and obliging host/ess. Quiet traditional pub. Excellent food. 3 courses, 4 pints, £45 for 2 of us. Fish and chips to die for. Local catch of the day, fried WITHOUT batter, so that you can actually taste the fish. A nice touch was that the sachets of sauce / ketchup etc came with a tiny pair of scissors, so that you could open them. And to follow - do have the golden syrup sponge. Go there.

1  Thank TimVenner

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I've just come back from a meal and drinks with my bezzie. Totally amazed by this place. The road was really busy for parking, but the landlord moved the patio furniture so I could park on a section of the pubs land! They are both really friendly.
The drinks are good quality and low priced. I would say this for the food too - although the menu doesn't look professional, the food is amazing. The landlady will accommodate as much as she can, it's well presented, hot and tastes amazing. I will 100% be back.
If the owners are looking at this, I would say you NEED to put your prices up. You could easily add 20% on for food for the quality and size it is.
Bad points - the toilets are in need of a full refurb.
Thank you again. Amazed by this place!! I suggest everyone goes!!!! :)

1  Thank Shaunmay8831
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this pub by accident and couldn't fault it. Returned several times. Food is fabulous and very reasonably priced. It good old fashioned friendly service in a good old fashioned pub serving the most scrumptious grub. I'd happily eat here over the many posh spots I've been to that charge treble for a chewy piece of meat. This place is definitely worth trying. Five visits and not one disappointing meal.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We've been to the Guildhall each time we visit family newly moved to Folkestone. It's a friendly pub, obviously treasured by local residents. It hasn't yet been touristified - probably to its economic detriment - but is a relaxing place to have a drink and bar snack. There is outside seating, which could probably do with being upgraded to make the most of space, but as we've generally visited out of season, it's not been an issue for us. They make a smashing cup of tea too, very reasonably priced!

1  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Guildhall is run by very friendly people. We went there for dinner and it was rather enjoyable. They have some Sussex ales as well, however the one I tried wasn't to my taste. Next time I am in Folkestone I would probably stop by.

1  Thank mikkri