See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

Myself & my husband decided to take the kids on a little adventure around kent, we booked this hotel the night before as it was the only hotel was availability. First impressions were not great, we were greeted by a lovely lady- the lift appeared to have just been sprayed with a airfreshner to rid of the stagnant smell of weirdness! We hunted for our room which we finally found hidden behind another door (23). To be honest the room was old and dated but it was big enough for the four of us. The bedding & towels were fresh and clean and the room was ok, tea & coffee was poor with pretty china cups that were sadly filthy. The bathroom door didn't shut, hairs in the bath and it smelt terrible. We laughed it off as the kids thought it was exciting, we do alot of camping so it was ok. However around 10ish just as our children were falling asleep we were shocked to hear the couple I'm the next room fighting, things were being thrown and we honestly thought they were going to come through the wall! This may sound funny but actually it was one of the worst experiences ever. Trying to explain to my five year old daughter who was now wide awake and scared what was going on. I think she believed me until she heard a small child screaming & crying:(
I contemplated calling the police but decided to call the hotel owner first, as soon as I said the room number he said " I will be straight up", which he was but something about his approach made as feel as though was expected and had happened before. Anyway it all died down however j was left with a very scared little girl who was too scared to sleep alone! I'm not sure if this family were residents but this is the feeling I got, if they were then I understand that people need to make money however I do not agree with placing a paying family next door to them. I did complain at then end of our stay where I saw the women with her toddler ordering & being served Smirnoff ice at 10am! I was aaured that this family where not short term residents awaiting acclamation however I was not convinced. Needless to say I wouldnt recommend this hotel, all though in all fairness had that not have happened I would not be leaving a review like this. If you are looking for basic overnight accocadation then this ticks all the boxes as long as you don't get stuck next door to a couple wgo are fighting all evening as I was left thinking about the poor little child that witnessed all of the above:(

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2014

Decorations were disgusting and dated! Nothing was clean I even found a mushroom growing in the room I stayed in! Wasn't that cheap compared to the burstin cost it £20 more!! The window didn't shut properly so there was a constant wind making the room cold and damp! Felt like a squatter!!

3  Thank Harrycatman
Reviewed 26 December 2014

The hotel stinks, no clean bedding, there were cats absolutely everywhere which is a blessing as they r chasing the mice away I cannot put into words how crap this hotel is, I'd rather sleep in my own poo and wee than stay here, it needs knocking down

2  Thank Beaney87
Reviewed 23 December 2014

This hotel is run by a lovely local couple who are so helpful and accommodating. They know the area well. It's a quirky old Victorian building very close to the cliff top promenade in folkestone that overlooks the sea. We found the rooms old fashioned in decor but clean and comfortable- for a family room excellent value.

Reviewed 7 October 2014

Shower full of mastic, drawer fronts with spills down them, tired, dated, scaffolding outside. I feel sorry for the owners, they must feel trapped. I wouldn't stay there again. The beds were very uncomfortable. The place is desperately in need of someone with a lot of money to take it over.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family