“A delightful location and good food”
Review of Sandbanks Restaurant - CLOSED

Sandbanks Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was surprised to find such a classy restaurnat in a town that has gone downhill since its Victorian heyday. That it has chosen to locate at the harbour's edge is to be commended - even the submarine on the opposite side of the harbour is long gone which would have ruined the view.
The menu is good, although perhaps the portions could have been bigger, the views superb and the restaurnat light and airy. All considered a magnificent addition to the town and long may it prosper.

1  Thank sabatinitennis

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Ok, Had a lovely lunch on Valentines day there and it is excellent place for a lunch dinner or even breakfeast. Sea view , food on a highest level ,well presented on the plate. Very comfortable with friendly staff , really they care!!! which we loved.5****** We will come back for 100% in lovely sunny day .Also will recommend it to anyone who is looking for place like this.
Thanks for nicely spent time
Sebastian

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We were party of four on a Friday night few weeks back.
Very welcoming feeling as we walked in which was greatly appreciated.
The decor of the place and the furniture are out dated and made us feel as if we are somewhere in the mid 90s.
Food was ok, fresh and well prepared but again ... out dated and a bit off bit with current trends, food was served with great attitude and very professional approach which is a nice change.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I attended the restaurant this evening with my wife and friends...and I was not disappointed. On arrival there is ample parking outside the premise. The food was delicious and the staff were very attentive, friendly and quick. I had the baked Camembert for starter, followed by the Fillet Steak with chips and for dessert the hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream. I would definitely recommend this restaurant which offers a great variety of meat and vegetarian options too. My wife had the Lamb Shank served with roast potatoes with vegetables which was very succulent and tasty. Moreover, the soft background music and ambient lighting made a very intimate and enjoyable evening. Looking forward to going back again soon.

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Just had a highly enjoyable meal at this restaurant with my girlfriend and friends. The food was sublime, I had the crispy duck starter, the salmon (generous portion) main and Pana cotta desert. All of my courses were delicious.

There's only one bad thing about this place and that is that it's closing on the 31st March 2014. This has nothing to do with the venue itself but I feel let down by Folkestone that it can't maintain such an awesome restaurant. These guys deserve to be number 1 and stay there!!!

So, in summary. Experience the food, view alnd gemütlichkeit of this fantastic place. You'll regret it if you don't!!!

1  Thank PMH85