“Lovely guest house”

Kentmere Guest House
Kentmere Guest House
Ranked #13 of 26 Folkestone B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a night with my girlfriend. Room was cosy and nicely decorated. Bed wad a bit too soft for her, but comfy for me. Breakfast was lovely as well with good choices. I can see the "lady of the house" touches in the dining room, bedrooms and corridor with colourful details all over. The owners make you feel like you are at home and you feel like at home. Overall a nice experience considering the ridicolous low price paid for a weekend of August.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped over here with our Three children as we were getting an early train at the euro tunnel in the morning. Our room perfect for what we needed and was spotless, as was the en suite shower room. The owner Margareta was lovely and cooked us all a full English breakfast at so we would be on time for our train. The breakfast was very nice and there were other choices available such as cereal and toast.
Good value for money.
We had an enjoyable stay and I wouldn't hesitate to book in future.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This was perfect. Near the tunnel, cheap and spotlessly clean. We wanted a quick getaway for an early train to France and after arriving very late (the owner arranged for someone to wait up for our late arrival) we were pleasantly surprised. Don't expect the ritz but it is clean, convenient and exactly right for what we needed; a family room. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 15 April 2014

For only £60 a night this is excellent value. Room 7 is at the top of the building, is nicely decorated, comfortable and has all the amenities you'd expect, tea and coffee, TV, free wifi, toiletries There's a good view of the downs above Folkestone from the window. Our host could not have been more friendly, breakfast was very good and we would definately return. Our room was not huge, there's no lift and it's not on the sea front but then that's reflected in the reasonable price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Owner was looking out for me as she knew, which train I was on. I arrived earlier than official check-in time. She carried my case up to the room and down the next morning. She was very helpful.
The room was very small, but OK. The bathroom was tiny. Bath stuff provided. There was plenty.
Extra pillows were provided when asked.
Hospital tray was filled very generously including 8 milks for a single room.
My breakfast was offered a bit earlier than listed time, as I was ready. It was nice, freshly cooked and porridge was made, when I asked.
The price was good, just £29.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here for one night before taking Eurotunnel. Arrived mid evening. Owner was very friendly and helpful. Room was not luxurious was absolutely fine for the night. Shower good. Breakfast was freshly cooked and very good. Only slight complaint would be that the facilities stated free parking. I assumed this was on site but found it was street parking round the corner! Not sure if this is Expedia or the owner but is misleading.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

stayed here as worked in area and its decent value for money (paid less than £30) and get cereals toast coffee fruit juice aswell in morning, no parking on site but plenty of spaces nearby , rooms are cosey and ideal for me in single room , bed,tv tea and coffee stuff , shower room/toilet is bit tight and caravan like but able to do what need to do . Lady who run it was very friendly and made the effort to converse and made clear always available if needed anything or any problems. would definatly stay here for a night if need to be in folkestone early next day

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business