“Plenty of well known acts come here”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Leas Cliff Hall

Leas Cliff Hall
Ranked #13 of 67 things to do in Folkestone
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Plenty of well known acts come here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

good views of the stage ,many well known acts,good seating at average prices with a nice coffee shop upstairs staff good

Visited January 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Live music”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The band I saw, Bellowhead, were brilliant, and I thoroughly enjoyed their music. However I thought my ticket, about £25, was not good value for money. I paid extra for a seat on the balcony, as I have arthritis in my hips, so cannot stand for very long periods. However, my seat was very cramped, with hardly any leg room, and I was touching shoulders with the people on either side of me. When a woman in front of me moved, she banged my knees with the back of her seat, and when her companion put his arm around her, it was actually laying across my legs. He apologised, and moved his arm when he realised what he had done. All in all, not a very pleasant experience, and there was some limited view of the right hand of the stage, which was partially obscured by a pillar. This probably would not have been a problem if there had not been so many members in the band, who covered the whole of the stage at some points, when they were dancing.

Visited November 2013
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A unique entertainment venue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Leas Cliff Hall is spectacularly cantilevered into the Folkestone seafront Cliffs. It's a great auditorium with good sight lines and acoustics, either seated or stripped for action if the acts appearing warrant extra space and attract a standing crowd. Only marked down owing to poor and unadventurous booking policy

Visited June 2013
Hythe, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brilliant staff made it a good evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I went to see Elkie Brooks at the Leas Cliff Hall last night, and had a lovely evening. The staff are brilliant - without exception every member of staff I came into contact with last night was smiley, welcoming, polite, and went out of their way to ask me if I needed any help. They're a credit to the Hall, and give a great impression of Folkestone. Thank you very much - a very enjoyable evening.

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“An amazing venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Came here for EuroMilitaire. This building has real imagination and vision - why can't this quirky imagination be employed in today's buildings? The paviliion on the Leas gives no clue at all as to what lies beneath - and the terrace overlooking the sea is a great place to sit with a drink. I look to come back again!

Visited September 2013