“Value for money”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Folkestone
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights to split trip to France. Food adequate always something for everyone, plenty of salad too.
For the price & half board this is value for money.
The only bad thing for me was im sure in our booking, l asked for non smoking, unfortunately the room issued 750 was on a smoking landing. In future I'll make the request in the special requirements section.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlietango147

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,290)
warwickshire
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I had a very good time there at this hotel - the rooms were clean and the hallways had an airfreshner. There was a lingering smell of cigarette smoke but that was a minor point.

The evening entertainment was fun and we saw a 'swing night'.

Breakfast was ok and plentiful. But perhaps avoid the scrambled egg and very watered down orange juice.

All in all the hotel was much than we thought it would be and offered great value.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Isle of Sheppey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It was brilliant had a really lovely stay, the where do I start is for the decor I really went thinking that we won't bother to get the bags out of the car, yes it's tired and needs a bit of attention and something out of butlins but I must say we had a really really enjoyable stay, yes the room was tiny but it was clean, the entertainment was exactly that, overall brilliant really enjoyed and would and will be going back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michelle c
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very basic, very cheap, not that clean, thin walls, poor carpark but for the price what more can you expect? The bedsheets were clean the decor was old and tired and in need of lots of TLC. We picked it for the price and that they accepted pets.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and stay somewhere nicer!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Folkestone hotels

Brighton
Reviewed 25 April 2014

All, this is without exception a Bargain Basement Hotel. The clue is in the price you pay, do not expect 5,4,3,2 star here. The parking is terrible but the harbour car park across the road is only £8.00 for 24hrs. The Room are tired, the facilities in the room functional, bed ok, great view across the harbour from the 7th floor. The Breakfast, cooked cheap produce, tinned fruit, toast and cereals, tea, coffee and squash, but you can eat and drink as much as you want. The staff we spoke to were ok. If you are on a budget or a weekend beano with the boys/girls stay here. If you want a relaxing break AVIOD it......Again it's cheap so do not expect quality, it's just somewhere to get your head down and use as a base if you're on a weekend bender. Great starting point for the Harbour Pubs and Seafood stands.

Room Tip: High Floor Rooms with sea views but you will wait for the lifts during meal and check in/out times.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 25 April 2014

An adequate hotel for a one night stopover. I would not stay again. Parking was horrendous. The rooms were none too clean and the breakfast was ok. But it was cheap and you get what you pay for. On the plus side, the location was fairly convenient for the town centre

1 Thank Margaret W
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Where do I start with this Hotel. When we arrived EASTER WEEKEND the establishment was fully book...very impressive am I right? When we arrived we had pre booked a car parking space, but the car park was jam packed. We obviously wanted our money back but no refunds were available!!!!!! Stupid. For our room we were given 1 key for 3 people. This was very frustrating as our family kept splitting up meaning that it was a struggle to get the room key to get into our room. I then started talking to other guests who were informing me that there windows were broken and they were freezing cold. The hotel did nothing about this. Stupid. The lifts were also broken and with the hotel being fully booked it was a nightmare. Later that day on our arrival a guest weed in the hotel lift leaving it unusable. THE WORST PART was the management. I had my phone stolen by a very suspicious foreign man. When we called the manager she handled the situation in a very aggressive and frustrating way. She yelled at me and my family who were trying to deal with the thief in the calmest way possible. I had other guests staying at the hotel who witnessed the event say to me, 'I thought the manager was bang out of order'. The next day when we voiced our opinion she continued being aggressive and was clearly covering up her bad management ability by lying to my face about the sequence of events that took place. I never write on this site but I had to to tell people that I can't stress enough for people not to invest there money in this place. If its the town you like then stay somewhere else and drive there day to day. This place deserves to be shut down.

Room Tip: Don't go...full stop...
9 Thank Benhp