My wife and I stayed at the Southcliff from the 27th to the 31st of August 2013.
We found the accommodation spotlessly clean. Maid service daily with clean sheets and towels , and the Hotel generally was also clean and tidy. We had read other reviews of this hotel and we weren't expecting a lot, most commented on the friendly and helpful staff. "Which was correct"! The hotel staff were outstanding in the willingness to help and look after the guests. My wife has trouble walking any distance and they found her a wheelchair to use. This was a great help and we were able to get around easily.
The food was excellent, especially the breakfast. The restaurant staff were very attentive and extra tea toast etc. was no trouble at all.
Evening meals were a choice of about four fixed menu's... Four starters four main meals and four sweets.
Our accommodation was on a bed and breakfast basis, so we paid extra for the evening meals @ £10 per head.
This Hotel has a two star AA. Rating. The decor is a bit Jaded in places,but that is more than made up for with the friendly welcome from everyone and the reasonable cost. It suited our needs perfectly. All we needed was a clean place to sleep for a few nights with a helping hand and we found it in the Southcliff Hotel.
We will have no trouble in recommending this hotel to our friends.
Many thanks to all the staff at the Southcliff we'll look forward to seeing you again soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On The Leas Promenade, overlooking the English Channel, The Southcliff Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Channel Tunnel Terminal and 20 minutes from Dover Ferry Terminal. There is free Wi-Fi in public areas. The bedrooms each have tea and coffee facilities and a private bathroom with free toiletries. Rooms also feature a flat screen TV [free view] and ironing facilities [on request]. Some have sea views or private balconies. The Office Bar features modern decor and hosts frequent live music. Southcliff Hotel is a short walk from Folkestone's sandy beach. Folkestone Harbour is a 10-minute walk, and Folkestone Central Railway Station is just half a mile away. The Leas Cliff Hall is only across the road from The Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Southcliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Southcliff Hotel Folkestone
- Southcliff Hotel Folkestone
- The Southcliff Folkestone, Kent