Booked into the southcliff for a few days away to visit family. Were booked into room 45. Simple room. Seemed okay, over looking the rear car park. It is a clean enough room, very basic. For a cheap (£71) and cheerful hotel we didn't expect much but when I went to have a shower I at least expected hot water. After playing with the shower for 10 minutes I got fed up and went down to the front desk and asked how it worked. This confirmed to me that it was Infact broken and there was no hot water. I was told by the man at the desk 'I'll tell maintenance' then continued doing what he was doing.
So I said 'well what are we meant to do in the mean time' to which he phoned 'Dave the maintenance man'.
Due to go out for dinner we can't wait any longer for Dave to come and sort it out, we weren't offered a change of room or even an apology.
I ran the tap on the sink and after 2 minutes it had barely warmed up.
Tea and coffee is supplied in the form of some freeze dried sachets however no milk. So that's useless unless you wish to buy your own or if you have it as it comes.
We've been booked in an hour and I'm already stewing on a rather large complaint for money back.
I'm not hotel inspector but anybody should be able to get a warm shower and a drop of milk with the supplied tea and coffee.
Not a happy Easter bunny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On The Leas Promenade, overlooking the English Channel, The Southcliff Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Channel Tunnel Terminal and 20 minutes from Dover Ferry Terminal. There is free Wi-Fi in public areas. The bedrooms each have tea and coffee facilities and a private bathroom with free toiletries. Rooms also feature a flat screen TV [free view] and ironing facilities [on request]. Some have sea views or private balconies. The Office Bar features modern decor and hosts frequent live music. Southcliff Hotel is a short walk from Folkestone's sandy beach. Folkestone Harbour is a 10-minute walk, and Folkestone Central Railway Station is just half a mile away. The Leas Cliff Hall is only across the road from The Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Southcliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Southcliff Hotel Folkestone
- Southcliff Hotel Folkestone
- The Southcliff Folkestone, Kent