I booked a double room for one night with breakfast for two and paid £47! The staff were friendly, the rooms was tired as was the ensuite, but the bed, shower and loo were clean! Had a great little cooked breakfast consisting of a sausage, egg, bacon, fried bread, beans, tomato and toast, which was all nice, washed down with juice and a pot of tea. There was. Also fruit and cereals available.
I found this to be excellent value for money. I had booked a room for my parents and paid £52, and their room had been renovated, and was really lovely. They also enjoyed their stay and breakfast.
The hotel is right on the seafront, and the promenade offers a lovely walk. There are bars and restaurants within 10 minutes walk.
This is a perfect stopover for people who accept that a £47 for an ensuite double room with breakfast for two people, isn't going to be like The Ritz!
I am a realistic person who has travelled extensively, and I get so cross with people who insult hotels that are offering a budget service. This is a budget hotel, the clue is in the price.
This hotel also benefits from a small lift, which is useful for luggage and those with mobility issues... Again, this is a small lift, it does what a lift should. It is not the London Eye and you will not fit your whole family and luggage in it, but you will be able to use it sensibly....as a lift!
The four of us will be booking again when we need another budget stopover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On The Leas Promenade, overlooking the English Channel, The Southcliff Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Channel Tunnel Terminal and 20 minutes from Dover Ferry Terminal. There is free Wi-Fi in public areas. The bedrooms each have tea and coffee facilities and a private bathroom with free toiletries. Rooms also feature a flat screen TV [free view] and ironing facilities [on request]. Some have sea views or private balconies. The Office Bar features modern decor and hosts frequent live music. Southcliff Hotel is a short walk from Folkestone's sandy beach. Folkestone Harbour is a 10-minute walk, and Folkestone Central Railway Station is just half a mile away. The Leas Cliff Hall is only across the road from The Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Southcliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Southcliff Hotel Folkestone
- Southcliff Hotel Folkestone
- The Southcliff Folkestone, Kent