Our stay in the Wycliffe Guesthouse was our last one, before we departed to The Netherlands, at the end of our 2 weeks roundtrip through England and Wales. It is closely located to either the Eastern Docks of Dover or the Channel Tunnel. So it is suitable for either your first or your last stay. More than one night in a row I would not recommend, because the rooms are very tiny, including the bathroom. The neighborhood is very quiet and we had a good night sleep and maybe we were pampered too much by bigger rooms. The staff, Kate, is very friendly and caring, so we felt very much at home. Within short distance you can walk to the Leas, what we may call the Boulevard, to see the waterfront. It is recommended to opt for a private bathroom with electric toilet, which can be a bit noisy when flushing. We catered for our own breakfast, but for some extra cash you can have it downstairs in the dining hall. Thus a good stay for one night in a row only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly,comfortable, family run hotel with own private off road car park. Situated in pleasant residential street, overlooking Trinity Gardens & picturesque Trinity church, yet close to town centre & all local amenities. Convenient for Channel Tunnel & Dover ferries.Children & pets are welcome.Evening meals can be provided by prior arrangement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms and Priceline so you can book your The Wycliffe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wycliffe Hotel Folkestone
- The Wycliffe Hotel Folkestone, Kent