“What a great lasagna!”

The True Briton
Ranked #32 of 225 Restaurants in Folkestone
Price range: US$8 - US$46
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, European
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Straelen
“What a great lasagna!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Even though being too late, the chef still made us a fabelous lasagna! It was brilliabt. We highly recommend this place!

Reading, United Kingdom
“Lovely Fish and Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

After walking around the harbour area thought we'd give the True Briton a try, glad we did. The restaurant is upstairs and has lovely views over the Channel. There didn't seem to be many customers which is always a worry but no need to be worried here. The 3 of us chose Cod and Chips with peas, well it is the seaside!
The young waitress was a delight so friendly and welcoming. The service was a bit slow considering there weren't that many customers but the food was freshly cooked and delicious. Between us we had 2 glasses of wine, 2 coffees and 1 cup of tea-all for under £40!
I would agree with an earlier review about 'sticky table tops' but it was lovely and clean. I'd go back and eat any time.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jeff070
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Briliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The wood is fantastic. Even my husband was so pleased with the quality of the food. Will come again!

Visited June 2014
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“"This pub fayre restaurant would put some michelin star restaurants to shame"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

After enjoying a tremendous 2 course airshow lunch in this establishment i would like to sincerely thank the chefs,waitresses and the proprietor for delivering a wonderful and hospitable service, after serving the hospitality industry for 40ys as an executive chef i could not find one fault with this establishment, the cuisine was prepared, cooked,and presented perfectly to the last detail, the front of house waitresses carried out their duties in a friendly and professional manner and going that extra mile to ensure the customers enjoyed the dining experience.

I must say it touched my heart to see chefs and waitresses doing their jobs passionately (something i haven't seen in many many years) in restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent find !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend decided to go out for a meal we choose the true brit.as we have been before for the most delicious Sunday lunch , so we thought we would come back and try the food , for starters I had the king prawn pil pil was very nice bursting with flavours my boyfriend had the baked camembert was very tasty , I then had the smoked haddock Florentine,
When it was placed in front of me it was the most beautiful layed out dish I have ever seen and tasted amazing , my boyfriend had the steak and he said it was mouth watering and full of flavour with home made chips that was so fresh , the service was brilliant very nice people , good price range as well , we will be back