“Bar is great!”

Ranked #4 of 43 Nightlife in Folkestone
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Bar is great!”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I still have not eaten in the main restaurant but I have visited the lovely bar upstairs a few times. The cocktails on offer are well made by staff who will try and make you any that are not on menu if they can. They serve bar snacks week night evenings too and these are reasonably priced and very tasty. The view across the harbour is nice, especially when you can sit out on the terrace in the summer.

Sarah W, Manager at Rocksalt Bar, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review following your visits to Rocksalt Bar, especially your lovely photos! The cocktails do look delicious! I have passed your comments to the bar team and they are absolutely delighted, we all look forward to your next visit.

Folkestone
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice place to chill with friends or lover !”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The Sea view is astonishing ! Wide selection of wine and cocktail menu always very nice.
Service can be a little bit weak at times but well it doesn't really matter.

Visited February 2013
Sarah W, Manager at Rocksalt Bar, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Many thanks for your lovely review, we quite agree that the view really is breathtaking. I am so pleased you enjoyed our selection of cocktails - we aim to please!

London, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Just go for the views and a drink”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

On holiday from London with the kids it started to rain so we wondered into this bar as it was the closest one. I wish we hadn't! The restaurant staff seemed unwilling to have 2 wet children (aged 6 and 4 years) so we were directed upstairs to the bar. While the views are lovely, that's where it stops. There was not enough staff for the customers, so as a result service was slow. The food is expensive and not impressive at all. My soup and cheese bread was little more than tinned tasting soup with cheddar cheese melted onto a single slice of bread for £8! The dressed crab was bland. My partner opted for a fried breakfast which was similar to any cafe but for £12.50. The kids fish fingers and chips were ok, but far too much salt on their chips. We didn't get pudding after waiting 20 minutes just for the menu! They also only brought 1 of the childrens ice-cream, and they got so fed up of waiting for the other one they decided to share so we could leave! Will NOT be going again.

Visited October 2012
Sarah W, Manager at Rocksalt Bar, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Rocksalt Bar. I am so sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion, we pride ourselves on ensuring that children are well catered for in both the restaurant and bar so I am disappointed that you felt this wasn't the case on your visit.
With regards to the food, our soup is made daily from fresh, locally sourced ingredients by our team of talented chefs; if you weren't happy with any aspect of this dish I do hope you mentioned this to someone as we would have been more than happy to replace it.
I am sorry that you feel you would not visit again, this is certainly not the lasting impression we would want any of our guests to have and if you would like to give us another chance when you are in the area next, I would love to personally ensure you have an amazing time with us.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Over rated”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Only went in for a drink to get the feel of the place but was disappointed. The view over the Harbour was lovely but the drinks were expensive and served by staff who were not particularly friendly but more smiley, corporate, have a nice day types. There was plenty of bling around and the general impression I had was of somewhere rather pretensious and not seriously interested in the individual customer.

Sarah W, Manager at Rocksalt Bar, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of Rocksalt Bar. We pride ourselves on offering a wide range and selection of quality wines, spirits, beers and cocktails which are fairly and reasonably priced so I am surprised you did not feel this was the case during your visit. The bar team are exceptionally well trained however if they gave the impression of being pretentious then I sincerely apologise. This is certainly not the impression we aim to give. I really hope you would give us another chance so please feel free to give me a call on 01303 212070 before your next visit so that I can ensure that everything is perfect for you.

Hythe, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rocksalt bar is a destination in itself”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

As a group of work colleagues from Folkestone we chose to have small leaving 'do' after work in the bar. The bar staff were VERY pleasant helpful and help make our visit fun and enjoyable.

The cocktails are impressive .....the Poop Deck second to none

Sarah W, Manager at Rocksalt Bar, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards