“taking a rest whilst out strolling.”
Review of Mermaids Cafe Bar

Mermaids Cafe Bar
Ranked #138 of 226 Restaurants in Folkestone
Cuisines: Bar
London, United Kingdom
“taking a rest whilst out strolling.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This place is nice we found it while out on a stroll and was looking for somewhere to sit down whilst strolling on the beach . It was very clean and well kept ,staff were very friendly and helpful . All tables had little plants in pretty coloured buckets on them inside and out . Food was resonable prices and sold teas and coffees plus had a bar .very nice place that over looks the beach perfect for a sunny day

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location, delicious fresh food, charming staff”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A vert attractive little terrace cafe right over the beach with bright pots of geraniums giving a continental feel. We sat here for coffee (very nice coffee and reasonable at £1-70) on the last day of our little holiday, and having seen the good menu ended up having lunch before setting off home. There was a sudden influx of lunchtime customers and I thought we would have to wait ages, but no. Delicious sandwiches and wraps filled with top quality fresh local ingredients came along very quickly. I went to check the menu as I thought my Waldorf sandwich (delicious anyway) should have walnuts in; the young man who had made it popped out and asked if there was a problem and I told him that there hadn't been walnuts in the quarter I had eaten. He assured me he had put them in and apologised (for which there was no need really) and insisted on bringing me out a pot of really nice walnuts. Naturally I then found loads in the remaining 3 quarters of my sandwich anyway! There is a little bar attached which would be a lovely place to have a drink at sunset.

• Visited August 2014
Kent
“Great food, great view.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Visited twice today while walking along the coast. Food and service were very good and the situation is perfect - right on the edge of the beach. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2014
“Appalling ”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in here around 11am today with my daughter for a snack before going up to the coastal park.
Ordered a muffin from the menu only to be told they didn't sell these any more (despite it being clearly written on the menu, which he checked in front of me) but I could have an alternative. Fine so far...until I was told by the server that I would have to pay more for it. No apologies, just serious attitude from a rude teenager with nooooo idea about customer service (he told me he couldn't possibly charge the same for a bagel as a muffin, as they were so much more expensive. Really? Are they shipping these into Folkestone dock from Isreal specially?).
My advice - don't go there early, wait until the manager shows up to childcare their hopeless staff. My advice to the manager? Have available for sale what's on your menu at the price advertised.

3 Thank GiorgiaBrown
“Scenic and culinary must-do!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stumbled upon this charming and very scenic little beach taverna while promenading and geo-caching the Lower Sandgate road. The food was absolutely fabulous with premium ingredients. Highly recommended for a lunch or a rest from the strolling.

• Visited July 2014