“Evening Meals”

Skuba Bar & Grill Restaurant
Ranked #149 of 242 Restaurants in Folkestone
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We tried the Skuba after being disapointed at our hotel meals, only to find that this place was so bad I don't want to describe it.

1  Thank Colin W

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Came here for lunch with the family on a Saturday, I ordered a BLT Baguette, it wasnt great to tell you the truth, there wasnt much bacon on the baguette and the garnish of lettuce was old and yellow in both the baguette and the side portion, looked like it had been standing for a week. This was the case for everyones dish. I promptly beckoned the waiter and pointed this out to him, he seemed a bit perplexed, he said no problem I will replace with some fresh lettuce and promptly scurried off. Upon his return he brandished a bowl like object with some replacement lettuce, well it looked like lettuce which basically was worse than the excuse for lettuce on my plate, hmmm. I pointed this out to him yet again, he seemed upset at my observation of this clearly old not fit for consumption lettuce. I again told him this lettuce isnt fit for human consumption. I took the lettuce off my plate and placed it back in the bowl he brought and said no thanks. Again he promptly skulked off, with no explantion. I think he thought I was born yesterday.. Doh, there was also an unpleasant smell of TCP resonating for from somewhere. This was while we were eating. Very unpleasant. I also notice they take 1 pound from your account when you run a tab. I also noticed this was not re imbursed or put back onto my card. Hmmm I wont be eating here again, I find the drinks are way over priced for this place.

2  Thank Ricardinio0
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Skuba Bar is deservedly a very popular location for people of all ages. It has a friendly atmosphere and the service is very good. The garden is popular in the summer and the area 'under canvas' is popular all year round as it is heated and smoking is allowed. It is very close to the Leas Cliff Hall and some fine restaurants. I've not eaten there for a few years, so cannot comment on the food. However there is an internal restaurant and food is served in the bar and outside seating areas.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

really nice food!! Reasonably priced. Lovely eating outside. Staff friendly and right by our hotel!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very disappointing.. I came here today for lunch with friends we ordered drinks and lunch and were told that it would all be put on the same slip so it would arrive at the same time!! I also asked for a jug of water for the table and was told didn't know if I could have one!!! When the first of our meals were served I asked again and was told they didn't have jugs!!! Food arrived with huge gaps between so some of us had nearly finished when others started, the warmest cloudiest glass of tap water was plonked in front of me with distaste along with a dried up small jacket potatoe!! There were no sauces on the table and we had to keep asking for ketchup salad dressing etc some gave up and ate theirs dry!!! It wasn't busy either a quiet Monday lunchtime. Won't be eating here again!!