“Super nights stay, rather unexpectedly”

Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Folkestone
Newark, Notts
“Super nights stay, rather unexpectedly”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We arrived at 9.15 in the evening, after a terrible drive in pouring rain. We found the hotel easily, and parked quite close to the front door. The receptionist was very friendly and gave us a lot of information in a efficient way. Our room was lovely and comfortable just like the adverts, the bed though was a revelation - I want one- as it was so comfortable. The room was clean, and bathroom very sparkly, the only grizzle is that I prefer bar soap to liquid, but I suppose that is being picky. As we arrived late we were not hungry, but we did go to the bar and had a drink in a nice environment. We did not hear any noise all night, and slept wonderfully. Breakfast the next morning was good value for money. It was our first stay in a premier inn but it won't be my last if they are all as good as this one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We booked on Internet, for a stay prior to an early start for Eurotunnel. Booking process straightforward. On arrival swift and efficient check in, very clean and fresh room, larger than I expected for a budget hotel. Will definitely use again

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed over one night on a trip to France. Usual good value for money as we booked early. Didn't use the restaurant as we arrived late & left very early. Good facilities, excellent tv, usual clean rooms & friendly staff. Would recommend.
Ian & Bev Taylor, Snaith Yorkshire.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ian_taylor090659
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have used this " Lenny " before and staff are outstanding, seemingly even researching if you have stayed before.The pub next door is as expected , but perfectly OK, whilst they are geared up to those using the chunnel. If you like your windows open, ask for the side away from the motorway, obviously.

Room Tip: As above avoid the motorway side
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Happychap103
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I recently spent 3 nights here and was extremely impressed by the customer service. A warm welcome at the reception on our first day set the pace for the rest of our stay. All the staff, without exception, were highly professional, friendly and helpful. An extra special mention for Ange from the restaurant, who was simply great! I was travelling with my girls aged 9 to 15 years and every morning she had a suggestion of activities for the day, ranging from the best places to go shopping (a must with teenage girls :) to the spectacular Canterbury cathederal, but not forgetting the memorial of the Battle of Britain.
The rooms were basic, but spotless and functional with clean modern bathrooms and extra towels were provided upon request. The family rooms were not very spacious for 4, but for the time we spent this was not really a problem. We were located in the same building as the reception which was extra practical as it gave us direct access to the restaurant without having to go outside. This was greatly appreciated in the mornings when convincing sleepy teenagers to get up for breakfast! The food was good value for money with a nice varied choice.
The hotel is ideally situated for the channel tunnel & within easy driving distance for Dover, Canterbury, Ashford etc. There is a large car park so never a problem to find a space.
All in all a very positive experience that I would most certainly repeat and recommend to others.

Room Tip: The rooms were quite hot at night. If you are 4 in a family room, be sure to request that the extra...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The location just one highway exit away from the Chunnel was our main reason for selecting this place. Stayed here twice, once on the way out and once on our way back. It is your typical Premier Inn: lots of purple in the design, fairly narrow hallways, and terrible wireless. The staff at this Premier Inn were really nice, although reception seemed a bit understaffed at times, with large groups of people queueing to check in or out. Breakfast is the same as I've had at other Premier Inn ones: you can have a regular or a 'cooked' breakfast. If you book through booking.com and include breakfast, you will have access to the full breakfast menu, including cooked-to order items. However, if you want fresh fruit etc. with your breakfast, you'll be a bit dissapointed. The wireless is 3 UKP per day, and much worse in terms of performance and convenience as as the free wireless that other hotels include in their offering. The rooms have no minibar of safe.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of a hallway, away from the stairs, so you don't constantly hear ot...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Newlyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I stay at many premier inns but Folkestone channel tunnel takes some beating, the staff have to be the best any can have. I realised my mistake and should have booked a downstairs room as I have limited mobility. They had already carried my luggage up for me. They then came and offered to change my room which I refused as I was only there for one night. I went next door for the evening meal and was made feel welcome by the girl on the reservation desk as I was alone. She put me near to her so that I wouldn't feel conspicuous as a lone lady diner. Hotel clean comfy warm and welcoming all for £30 congrats premier it's a winner. I will definitely always book there whenever possible and so handy for the tunnel. Win win all round.

Stayed November 2013