I chose this hotel simply for the proximity to the Channel Tunnel which I was using early the next morning, but was surprised to find that it was one of the most welcoming and comfortable stays I have had in a hotel for some time.
The staff were very friendly and professional on arrival and the room large and comfortable. It was a shame that the extractor fans in the bathrooms made such a horrible noise that it was impossible to have a relaxing bath. I'm not sure if this is a policy in order to make sure guest remember to turn the lights off but it was the same in the rooms with other members of my party so not specific to my room.
The only other quibble was only 30 mins free wifi. It is surely a basic and virtually cost free service these days to provide free wifi in public places.
Overall a great stay and very convenient for the tunnel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steal a glimpse of France from the cliff-top promenade The Leas, five minutes down the road ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Premier Inn and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel Folkestone
- Folkestone Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel Kent