first thing I need to say is that no matter what I say, our night was solely for travelling purposes and only cost us £27 for two of us so there's not really any room to complain.
- The staff meant well
- Good location for the train to calais
- Very close to the town centre
- Very dirty interior and exterior
- old furniture left all over the place outside, I'm assuming this is the same furniture that a previous reviewer mentioned on their stay 2 months before ours
- bathroom hadn't been flushed from the previous person/maid. showed huge lack of cleanliness by cleaning staff.
- The bathroom felt so dirty, had visible mold and extractor fan was blocked with dust - because of this we didn't shower and I brushed my teeth using a bottle of water
- walls are paper thin, I was woken up by people in the coridoors and next door room (I'm a relatively good sleeper usually)
- TV made a very loud noise constantly and stayed stuck on one channel
two other things to note, the hotel has parking and wifi but I wouldn't count on either, we took the last "space" in the car park when we arrived and the wifi worked but was too slow to be a selling point
all in all next time we need a train to france we decided we'd pay the extra and stay somewhere we atleast felt comfortable to shower, but the £27 did provide us with a bed for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Situated just 10 minutes drive from the Channel Tunnel Terminal, this traditional sea-facing hotel is situated on The Leas, Folkestone's cliff-top promenade. With free parking and free Wi-Fi throughout, it is a 15 minute drive from Dover's Port, and 30 min from Canterbury city center. The hotel is open 24/7 and daily housekeeping is provided. Some of bedrooms at The Carlton have good sea views overlooking France, and all are en suite and comfortable. All rooms feature a TV, heating and tea/coffee making facilities. Guests can relax in the cosy surroundings of the Leas Lounge Bar, which overlooks the beautiful landscape of Folkestone and the English Channel. Carlton Hotel is about 200 yards from Leas Cliff Hall theatre, and about 500 yards from the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carlton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Folkestone, Kent