“we'll be back , Enjoyable stay ,GREAT HOTEL IN FOLKESTONE !!!!”
Review of Carlton Hotel

Carlton Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Folkestone
Italy
“we'll be back , Enjoyable stay ,GREAT HOTEL IN FOLKESTONE !!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

this is a really welcoming hotel !

In a short time I try to tell our wonderful adventure in this fabulous place.

We are an Italian couple, we live in the north of England, after a long essence of summer we decided to visit Folkeston to see a bit of the sea.

After a lot of research to find a nice place where to stay in town,
I see this fantastic hotel with sea view,
I asked myself "it will be very expensive for us? But no, we were lucky to have booked a double room for three nights at the fantastic price of 70 Pounds in total," "breakfast included", "unbelievable !!!

A reservation will really pleasant, with a very spacious room, a huge bathroom and especially all very clean with a good scent.

A rich breakfast with cereals, fresh milk, fruit salad, yogurt with various fruits and a great fresh orange juice made ​​from my favorite bartender Kewin, the son of the management from the France.

Thanks again for all the service offered by this very little money will be back soon for another enjoyable weekend.

Best regards

Mattia & Veronica !!!!!!GRAZIEEEE CIAO

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
2 Thank TESTING-FOOD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked this hotel for the location and the price.
I didnt have a lot of expectations anyways after reading all the reviews, but i have to say that it wasn't so bad tho.
When I arrived, i was able to park my car at the back, and i could even check it from my room window which was backfacing.
A friendly and very professional young guy called Kevin was at the Reception desk at this time.
He had everything ready for a quick Checkin which is nice.
The sheets were clean, the good enough for a night stay, the TV a bit old but still does the job. The bathroom was large, has a bath and the water was hot. The room itself looked tired and dated, but i guess that's the way old victorian buildings are, difficult to maintain. I saw some constructions going on during my short stay. I bet improvements and works are on progress. It should look really great once finished.
There was no evening meals available in the Restaurant, so we decided to have dinner out. I went to the Reception to ask where we could find a good place to eat. Kevin was obviously also serving at the Bar next door which was quiet busy for this time of the day.
But i guess there is no time for drinking in UK lol.
We've been recommend few places, all walkable around the hotel, and the Town was just next door so we had plenty of choice.
Back to the Hotel, I've decided to hit the bar aswell. Prices were much more reasonable than what i used to pay in London's pub. It is a nice bar with a nice seating area, wifi was really efficient there comparing to my room. It had a very large flat screen, just because of that I spent most of the night with other guest watching a classic movie : Scarface.
In the morning, we had to wake up early and leave to catch the ferry to France. But we've been told that the cooked Full english breakfast wont starts until 7.30 AM. However, Kevin who was also doing the night porter shift managed to provide us a quick Continental breakfast, including cereals, coffee and stuff and that was much appreciated.
I would like to thank him specially and recommend this hotel to other travelers as it is ideal to cross the Channel

Room Tip: lower floors got better wifi
1 Thank Maria P
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is all i've got to say,
There were two good things about this hotel,
The water was hot,
And the sheets were clean.
Very Bad!!!
Says here I need to write some more, Well have you ever seen a toothless, greasey sweaty looking waiter, theres one in this hotel

Room Tip: Don't go there
1 Thank David T

Travellers are raving about these Folkestone hotels

Paris, France
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Carlton is a nice little beachfront hotel. The staff there have been very helpful especially when I asked for a room with a beach view, the breakfast was served fast and the new owned is a very professional young man. The rooms a relatively small but very clean and the overall atmosphere is welcoming.
I recommend this hotel for everyone stopping by Folkestone for a few nights, amateurs of nice landscapes and people looking for a cheaper alternative to the very pricy London.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view on the beach are the best
2 Thank alfred r
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I strongly recommend never setting foot inside this disgusting excuse for board and lodging. Everything about the place was filthy. Old, smelly, dirty pillows, broken toilet, broken tv, no wifi, and the list goes on... went downstairs for breakfast in the morning and all we could smell was rotten old oil.
Worst experience ever.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karl H
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms were dirty and needed a good hoover. Shower looked like it came out of the ark and was filthy. Dining room was filthy with stained table cloths, dirty cutlery and inferior food. Will not be returning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was very happy with the Carlton hotel. I was with my family there in August 2014. We had two rooms that were clean and was on the sea front, the staff was very helpful and a young man by the name of Andy was really great and did all his best to keep as happy and welcome.
They even phone me when i left because i had forgotten my mobile phone in on of the room and the cleaner did hand it in on the front desk. The rooms were a bit shabby and maybe could do with a make over but it is a 2 star and you pay for what you get and i must say the price was very good for 2 nights and breakfast for me and my family... I had a great time and I'm thinking of going again soon even just to see my mate Andy!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the sea front are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family