“A lovely pub”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Godshill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful meal, lovely atmosphere, quaint little shop too, recommend you book. Staff were all very obliging as it was busy when went, the food was faultless.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We dropped into this quaint Pub whilst visiting Godshill and we were very glad we did. The food was beautiful - Steak and Ale Pie the best we have had. My daughter said the Duck was beautiful (she is only 12 but she likes her food). Ask for orange juice and you get freshly squeezed orange - a lovely touch!!!This Pub would be wonderful to visit in the winter when the log fires are ablaze. Slightly pricey but worth it.

1  Thank minijudithfromleigh
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went there this week with friends and the meal was what you expect from a pub. but you could not complain about the taste or the service we all had, i would recommend this pub to any one.i had ham and it was ham not the thin ham that you some times get.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had the bear battered fish and chips which was a very nice meal, the fish was nicely battered and the chips a good size, no skinny bits. Althought I new the cost when I ordered I later took time to think Over £11 for fish and chips was a bit to much. My partner was disappointed in the salad, and though it had plenty of meat, the description of the meal also listed apple and parmisan shavings, we found only few very small amounts of each, which leaves you with a main ingredient and lettuce. All the staff we attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had read a piece about the restaurant in one of the magazines available on places to eat on the Island and decided to stop on our way back to check out the menu and to see if we wanted to return in the evening. They pride themselves on using local seasonal produce, there is a sign outside the premises offering to swap vegetables for free beer! They offer all the usual fare on the standard menu plus have a specials board, where they offer at least 4 starters & 4 main courses as well as desserts, which changes weekly (I think).
I really love to eat fish when I am out and, unfortunately, there wasn't a fish dish available that I wanted to eat so my husband suggested that I ask at the bar if there was anything else available. The lady very kindly offered to go into the kitchen to ask if there was an alternative available and came back and said that the chef could cook a piece of cod with a herb crust, served on wilted spinach and crushed new potatoes with a butter sauce. This sounded lovely so we promptly booked to go back later.
Both of our starters, whitebait and ham hock, and our main courses, lamb and fish, were perfectly cooked, the service was very friendly and not intrusive and we were made to feel very welcome. A great find and well worth a recommendation.

1  Thank Bridgelet